06 February 2014

Week 5 - Raw Food Re-Boot

To finish off the week, including the days from the last post, I enjoyed:

Tuesday February 4th
5 bananas
4 mugs peppermint/spearmint herbal tea with stevia
1c cooked homemade vegan chili (I made it for the family; it smelled sooooo good!)
1/4c homemade tamari almonds
1 chamomile tea with stevia
A peanut butter Larabar
1/4c lentils and brown rice (cooked)
2c green salad with 1tbsp sweet onion dressing
Kale salad: 2c marinated kale (evoo, lemon juice, sea salt), 1 jerusalem artichoke (sunchoke), 1/4 red pepper, 1 avocado diced, 1 mushroom, 1 radish, 1/4c alfalfa sprouts, 1/2 rib celery, 1/4c cucumber and 1 carrot
And I walked for an hour (4 kms)

Monday February 3d
3 bananas
1/4c tamari almonds
1 peppermint tea with stevia
2 raw multivitamins
1/4c green grapes
1/8c grape tomatoes
1 carrot
1 cherry Larabar
1 pint water
Large green salad with 2 tbsp maple balsamic dressing (romaine lettuce, iceberg lettuce, spinach, avocado, radish, jerusalem artichoke, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, yellow pepper, and carrot)

Sunday February 2nd
5 bananas
1 cherry Larabar
1 peanut butter Larabar
1 cocoa coconut chew Larabar
5c water
6 fresh black olives
1 mandarin orange
1/2 apple
1c veggies from veggie tray (celery, carrot, cauliflower, cherry tomatoes)
a green salad with 2c romaine, 1 tbsp yellow pepper, 1/4c jerusalem artichoke/sunchoke, 1/4c cucumber, 1/3c alfalfa sprouts, 1 carrot, and 1 avocado
1 1/2 tbsp maple-balsamic vinaigrette
AND 3+ HOURS OF TAI CHI! (worked it REALLY hard; felt great!)

Saturday February 1st
It was my birthday, so I splurged and ate out at a vegan mexican restaurant for lunch, and went for dinner at another restaurant.  I was at a tai chi workshop for the weekend so definitely got a lot of exercise.  I also bought a cleaning brush for my glass straws (which I *love* and have had for many years now) as well as a small cloth scroll wall hanging (purple background with chakra symbols in different colours down the cloth).  It's purty.  ;)

2 mugs peppermint tea with stevia
3 bananas
1 apple Larabar
7c water
2 multivitamins
Lunch: raw pizza (soooooo good), smoothie (almonds, hemp seeds, dates, cacao, banana, and vanilla) - very chocolaty, and a raw chocolate-chili truffle (yummers!)
Dinner: salad (spinach, dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, 1c quinoa with mango vinaigrette)
2c earl-grey lavender tea with white sugar and a little milk
1c homemade berry crisp (went to visit my great-great-aunt after dinner, hence the crisp and tea)
AND 2+ HOURS OF TAI CHI! (I was there for 6 hours but we weren't continually doing tai chi the whole time)

I just have to share what the menu said about the raw pizza, because it tasted sooooo good: "a buckwheat crust topped with fermented salsa & a sunflower seed and red pepper pate, garnished with grape tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, and walnuts".  Seriously SOOOOOOO good.

No comments: