Here's what my smoothies have evolved into. I will generally make 2L of smoothie at a time and put 1L in the fridge and drink 1L for breakfast. It's *very* filling.
4c of dark leafy greens (spinach being my favourite, but I'll use kale, chard, salad microgreens, sprouts, any kind of lettuce, dandelion greens, or whatever I have on hand)
Blend with ~1c of water, so it's completely liquified.
Add:
2 or 3 bananas
1T bee pollen
1T chlorella powder
1/2T spirulina powder
1T or more of hemp hearts
2T or so of flax oil or freshly ground flax seeds
1t acai powder
1T maca powder
a smallish handful of goji berries
1/4t kelp flakes
a squirt or two of raw agave
probably 4c of frozen local berry blend (blackberries, blueberries & raspberries)
Blended well, this makes a generous 2L of smoothie. I add enough water to make it a consistency I'm happy with. I usually start out with just 2 bananas and then add the 3d if necessary at the end (if I've added too much water, for example).
In the new year I'll post about each of these ingredients and *why* I'm including them in my smoothies. I'm not having smoothies every day, probably 3 days a week lately.
I'm curious to hear what you put in your smoothies; send me a comment. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment