22 August 2008

Tai Chi

Last night at tai chi class, it was amazing that after nearly 3 years of practicing tai chi, i am still learning something new each week. I mean, it doesn't take 3 yrs to "learn", in one sense, the 108 moves. Within 6 months, I had those down pretty good, really. But now, with every class, my understanding of how much awareness can be brought to each move deepens. This week as we were working on this one particular move, I realized how before I've completed the move in its entirety - like before I've completed the stretch forward, for example - I'm already giving it away and beginning to go on to the next part of the move, where you turn to 45 degrees. It was amazing to think of how that relates to the rest of my life - how many times do I not see things through to their natural completion? How often am I already thinking ahead to the future, and not FULLY present in the moment? Oh my, if only I had penny for every time I can think of! It was an awe-inspiring realization. Huge. I'm giving away the full stretch. Why?! Why?!

Today I am grateful...
for my tidier-than-normal house at this moment, for my health and the health of those around me, for the unconditional love and big hugs my dd gives, for my ds's giggle and snuggles, for the voice of my husband and his near daily phone calls which keep me feeling supported and cared for, for foraging for huckleberries and super-fresh and super-local berries, edible flowers and vegetables from the garden, for clotheslines and sunshine, for the sound of the waves on the pebbled beach, for the sounds of children playing on the playground, for the gift this moment is.

namaste
~n~

No comments: