Day 26 and I'm still going strong. I'm down about 15 lbs (I don't own a scale so it's hard to know exactly). It's actually really easy to eat raw, and it's interesting to see last year when I was hungry, I'd head to the nearest coffee shop for a bagel or muffin and an iced coffee. Now I'm opting for herbal teas and carry stevia with me to sweeten it when I'm out. It's also really easy to keep a bag of sprouted, dried almonds in the freezer and take a small snack cup with me for a quick bite when I'm out.
I'm also logging my food intake and exercise on My Fitness Pal app, which I know my sister uses. :)
A daily exercise habit is still not yet happening. I'm finding myself wishing my life were more rigorous and physically demanding. Case in point: yesterday I spent more than 4 hrs driving. Ugh. I have a friend who has a family of 4 living in a cabin of 200 sq ft while they are building their new house, and I have to say she spends a LOT of time outdoors, no matter what the weather. Sometimes I think living in 2000 sq ft is a deterrant to going outside more often, but maybe that's just an excuse on my part. ;)
Tuesday January 28th
5 bananas
2 ginger-mint-lemongrass tea (with stevia)
1 rib celery with 1/2 tbsp sprouted almond butter
1/4c sprouted almonds
2c homemade kombucha
1 mandarin orange
kale salad: 4c kale, 1 tsp EVOO, 1 tsp lemon juice, sea salt, 1 avocado diced, 1 carrot grated, 1/4c cucumber diced
Monday January 27th
4 bananas
3 mugs peppermint and spearmint tea (with stevia)
2 ribs celery and 2 tbsp sprouted almond butter
1/2c sprouted almonds (a few coated in raw chocolate)
1 mug ginger-mint-lemongrass tea (with stevia)
1 mug chamomile tea (with stevia)
large green salad with honey-lemon-champagne vinaigrette (out for dinner at bin 4 burger joint)
about 1c house fries (which surprisingly didnt make me feel ill... i was nibbling away off my daughters plate)
Sunday January 26th
2 bananas
1 spearmint tea with stevia
1 ginger-mint-lemongrass tea with stevia
4c homemade kombucha
1/2c sprouted almonds (a few dipped in raw chocolate)
1 mandarin orange
1/2c cooked plain quinoa
(not finished eating for the day yet; will edit later)
Saturday January 25th
2 bananas
spearmint tea with stevia
peppermint tea with stevia
chamomile tea with stevia
1 avocado with lime juice and sea salt
2 tbsp cooked quinoa
1 navel orange
6 or 7 pcs dried mango
1/2 rib celery with 1 tbsp sprouted almond butter
1/2c sprouted almonds (a few dipped in raw chocolate, mmmmm)
Green salad with maple balsamic dressing (iceberg lettuce, green pepper, red onion, tomato, cucumber)
Friday January 24th
4 bananas
2 mandarin oranges
1/4c goji berries
ginger-mint-lemongrass tea with stevia
1 rib celery with 2T sprouted almond butter
15 olives (boo, all gone now!)
1/4c cooked quinoa (plain)
Salad: 3c marinated kale (EVOO, lemon juice, sea salt), 1 carrot, 1/4c cucumber slices, 1/4c alfalfa sprouts
"Chocolate milkshake": 1 banana, 1 tbsp hemp flour, 1/2 tbsp cacao, ice, 2c homemade almond milk
Thursday January 23d
4 bananas
3 cups ginger-mint-lemongrass tea with stevia
1 mug chamomile tea with stevia
1 bottle Cherry Cassis kombucha
1 tbsp goldenberries
13 pistachios
1c dried mango
large green salad (2c green leaf lettuce, 1 carrot, 1/4c cucumber slices, 1 mushroom, 1 avocado, 1 jerusalem artichoke, grated beet, and 1 rib celery) with maple balsamic vinagrette
another large green salad (1 1/2c green leaf lettuce, 1 carrot, 1/2 tomato, grated beet, alfalfa sprouts, 7 olives, and the rest of the vinagrette from earlier)
MAPLE-BALSAMIC VINAGRETTE
4 tbsp EVOO
3 tbsp (golden) balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp maple syrup
Blend.
Wednesday January 22nd
1 pint water
2 bananas
1 navel orange
3 ginger-mint-lemongrass tea with stevia
4 raw (Olivico) olives
4 avocado salad rolls - rice paper (not raw), with lettuce, avocado, alfalfa sproutes, grated carrot and cucumber wrapped up, served with thai sweet chili sauce (also not raw)
2c butternut squash vegan soup (heated)
1.75L smoothie (2 bananas, 4c frozen berry blend, 1Tbsp ea: maca, tocotrenols, and spirulina, 2T agave nectar, and 1/4c hemp flour)
No comments:
Post a Comment