15 May 2012

*blink*

Oops, I must've blinked.  It's the 15th already?!?  LOL  Things are good here; I 'smoothied' for the first week this month; was an easy-peasy walk in the park.  Ideally I'll be *juicing* that first week and not relying on smoothies, but they are so filling!!  :)

Belated happy mother's day to all!  I picked up a walnut tree sapling at the farmer's market and will plant at the new property.  Looking forward to the day we can pick walnuts off it!!! 

Have had absolutely beautiful weather here the past week.  Been hard to be inside at all. 

Tai chi beginner class is going well; 8 students, and we're into week 3 now and onto move 15 (out of 108).  I'm doing 1/2 hr loh kup ba fa, 1 1/2 hrs continuing class & 1 hr beginner class (so 3 hrs) twice a week, as well as another 90 min continuing class and 30 min loh kup another day, so about 8 hrs of tai chi a week right now, which is a lot, admittedly. 

Started running last week!  (EEKS!  I KNOW!!!)  Actually doing alright with it.  Last week was very manageable - run 1 min, walk 2, repeat 6x, run 1 min.  So only 7 mins of running out of 20-30 (with warm up/cool down).  This week it's 10 mins of running, which is still manageable - but with only 1 min walking in-between sets.  The day after I'm slightly stiff but nothing a little tai chi isn't helping to work out.  I'm also back on the erg/Concept2.  I always forget how smooth that thing glides.  It's awesome.  I did 2 x 4k workouts and 1 x 5k last week, and 2 x 5k this week so far.  It's about 20-25 mins and seems just right.  I used to do 10-12k, 5-6x/wk and while i was getting in great shape, the lack of cross training and repetitiveness (and sheer distance) was just too much to be consistent long-term.  I am definitely enjoying being active once again though and hope I can stick to this whole training thing.  I'm hoping to run the 8k in October when dh runs his marathon.  should be able to do that!

Namaste!

No comments: