sunday was so weird, weather-wise: sun, snow, hail, sleet, rain, wind... everything in the course of one day. one minute it was sunny, five minutes later it's snowing. still, dd enjoyed her bday party and we managed to pick dh up from the airport (much) later that night.
i'm going to get some bloodwork done soon; nothing concerning, just that having been vegan for 5, almost 6 years now, i haven't had any done routinely and am rather curious if my B12 levels are low, iron stores, that kind of thing. So we'll see. I asked for a urinary MMA test but was given a requisition for a serum B12 instead. I guess I need to better educate myself on *why* I want a certain test over another, and I also need to put my foot down a little more heavily if it's something I feel strongly about. As it is, I feel a little trampled that I was dismissed on the urinary MMA. I'd be willing to pay for it out of pocket, if need be.
struggling with food issues lately. i know it's not about the food, or the weight I've gained, or the not-exercising right now. it's a deeper issue that keeps resurfacing and food/not-exercising/weight gain is a coping mechanism (albeit a non-helpful one), an avoidance of that-which-is-really-bothering-me-deeply. it's been suggested from several directions that i seek counselling to assist in resolving this issue, and yes, i'm warming up to the idea. sometimes it's a mental hurdle to open one's mind to actually dealing with something head-on. i guess sweeping things under the carpet is delusional, right? and yet so many of us do it. ;)
so i'm trying to sit with the idea of actually taking action to resolve this issue that, for me, looms heavily like a dark cloud throughout my days... a dark cloud that, because it's always there, i often forget is there and think it's sunny and things are great when in fact i'm a little oblivious...
i think i'm just feeling a little "off my game" these days. i know i feel so much better when i exercise (hard) each day and yet actually buckling down and doing it is just not a priority (and it needs to be). self-care is just a little low on the priority list lately, and that's definitely not a good thing.
i'm feeling really grateful for many things in my life right now, not the least of which is the support of my loving family and close friends. *feeling loved*
Namaste'
1 comment:
I hear you. I'm finding counselling very good. Been twice now, and asked her to "keep my file open" so that each month I can come and rehash where I/we are at and talk a little more as I digest things and think them out.
Post a Comment