It has been an interesting week. I've been under the weather with (yet another) sinus infection... seriously, what is going on on the psychic level that my sinuses and ear tubes get plugged with every bug that goes around?! My third eye is blocked. LMAO There must be *some* connection. My neighbour who works with essential oils says it is just the cold damp climate we live in that leaves people prone to these types of infections here. I believe that to be true, to an extent. But I also think there's something going on for me, too... hard to know what the lesson is for me behind the recurring head colds... two last winter, two this winter...
So I took it easy teaching tai chi this week; didn't push myself too hard. It was hard teaching, because my brain was so foggy and just not thinking straight. This weekend there's a national workshop going on which I'm not attending, partly because of my cold, partly because I am solo-parenting this month, and partly because I do not have the money saved up to go. I am missing not being there, but I am hoping to attend the next one.
I pulled Scotch broom in the 'farm field' for a couple hours one day (some of the plants were about 7' high! massive overgrown things!!); the fresh air felt sooooo good. And the sunshine. The next day I walked about 45 minutes at dusk, and again, the fresh air did me lots of good. And then I cleaned the weir down at the pumphouse the following day. I think maybe I just spend too much time indoors and perhaps (just perhaps) our indoor air quality isn't awesome, because when I'm outside I just feel so much better! (at least when it's nice out; I'm not terribly keen on hanging outside when it's pouring)
dd is having her bday party tomorrow, so there's lots to be done (in terms of cleaning and preparations) tonight... dh was meant to be home, but his flight was cancelled due to poor weather, so now he's not flying in until after the party, which he & dd are both mighty upset about. It's too bad; it's the first time he's missed one of her bday parties. At least he'll be home late tomorrow (fingers crossed).
In the meantime, I have a cake to bake! Hope I remember to take a pic of it before they devour it all! ;)
Namaste'
No comments:
Post a Comment