i'm here! we just returned from a family holiday, and while it's wonderful to travel and explore new vistas, it's super-awesome to return home, too.
we had a wonderful holiday, but those all-you-can-eat american buffets are BRUTAL when you are falling off the wagon. my relationship with food is seriously dysfunctional now and i'm so glad to be home, surrounded by my raw foods. I need a loooooooong cleanse and more mindfulness and an awareness of the sacredness of ingesting nourishment in a big big way. And exercise. Even with all the walking we did on the holidays it doesn't replace the exercise i get in my daily life at home, between housework, hanging with the kids, farming, gardening, etc.
I read Loving and Leaving the Good Life by Helen Nearing while I was away. *LOVED* it. I haven't read Helen & Scott Nearing's other books but look forward to doing so.
Also read Twelve by Twelve which was, imo, rather philosophical and poetic and not so much about the daily adjustments to living in a space 12'x12' for a period of time. Which I appreciated, actually.
I've not yet read Thoreau but it's definitely on my list.
While on hols, we stopped in at Powell's books in Portland, OR and I can't BELIEVE that place! Portland, overall, was fantastic. It appealed to every member of our family and I could've spent far longer there than I was alloted. lol I also chuckled at just how many of the sustainable living books on their shelves I've read. Yep, that one. And that one. Oh, and that one. Yep, loved that one. It was rather humorous.
So now I'm back and trying to sort through emails and phone messages. It was GRAND signing off from being available for 12 days; now there'll be a slight adjustment to being back on solid ground (after being at sea and then on a train - oh, did I mention i get motion sickness?!?) and back in reality with day-to-day living.
NAMASTE; I honour you and will learn to honour my self, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment