22 July 2011

Oops. I just deleted what I'd written already.

Anyways, my eyesight's been doing weird things this week, with one eye having this 'ghosting' thing going on - where a word is superimposed one character to the left. So it's kinda like double vision but not two separate images appear, they're superimposed. It was really bad yesterday in that one eye; uncomfortable to drive. Today I went to the opthamologist who said my eye's been spasming and it's nothing serious. THANK GOODNESS.

No news with the bear. Not captured, but we do have a live trap sitting 50 ft from our front door, which is more than slightly unnerving. I don't want to have the kids play on the trampoline or in the yard generally until this whole thing is resolved. Our neighbour's chicken coop was completely destroyed and all but one chicken killed. It was back at our coop yesterday morning but hasn't had any success getting in... two things: one, I sprayed some WD40 around the outside of their enclosure (no, not env friendly but it was cheaper than a $300 electric fence) and two, I've had the radio on inside their coop 24/7 playing NPR, and who knew bears didn't like NPR?!

Nothing else newsworthy around here. Raspberries are in full force these days. YAY! And I think the sun is here for a few days! Double YAY!

No comments: