It's been busy around here, with no time for the computer!
Thursday (day 4) I had an AWESOME day - I got to spend 3 hours on a local organic farm where I'll be volunteering twice a week throughout the summer season in exchange for some produce. I am SOOOOOOOO stoked! :D
Nutritionally, on Thursday I nourished myself with:
- 1L of smoothie from the day before
- 2T Vega shake-and-go and a banana blended
- 2 oz homemade tamari almonds (hmmmmm, *not* the best idea in retrospect, even though they were soooooo good, they just *sat* in my tummy feeling heavy)
- 1L smoothie (8c spinach, 2 bananas, 1T spirulina, 2T hemp seeds, 1t acai powder, a handful of soaked gojis, 2T raw agave, 1T maca, 1t acerola cherry powder, 1 1/2T ground flax, 1/4t kelp powder, 4c frozen berry blend)
- 1t Barlean's vegan swirl oil blend
- about 2L of lovely, healing water
I also rowed 8.5 kms on Thursday, burning about 480 calories. As well, I took in a 90 minute tai chi class in the evening. Between working on the farm, rowing, and tai chi, it was a great, active day! Approximate caloric *intake* for Thursday was 1750 calories.
**************************************
Friiiiiiiiday was *super* busy and I spent sooooo much time driving. Being busy took it's toll on my food intake; my caloric intake was about 750 for the day.
- 800 mL smoothie from the day before
- 4 thin small slices of watermelon and a couple cherries
- 2c kombucha
- 2T vega and a banana, blended
I didn't row, but did teach a 90 min tai chi class that had me sweating profusely! AWESOME class!
**************************************
Saturday was nice. We spent the afternoon/evening over at family's and had a good time catching up and hangin' out. I also got some Zeolite on this raw food order so have started taking it (3 drops, 3x/day) to assist with detox. I am also back to taking Fo-Ti 3x/day. It was doing *amazing* things for my hair when I was taking it regularly about 4 months back.
Saturday I blessed myself with:
- 2T Vega shake-and-go and a banana, blended
- 1L smoothie (8c salad mix, 2 bananas, 4c berries, handful soaked gojis, 1t acai, 2T hemp, 1T spirulina, 600 ml almond milk, 3T agave, 1T maca, 1/4t kelp and 1t acerola) - salad mix doesn't make for the best smoothie. I think it's the peppery arugula in it
- 2c kombucha
- 4c green salad and 2T dressing (which was a wiser choice than eating the pizza everyone else was having) :P
- about 1L water
Rowed 8.5 kms (slow, though: nearly 42.5 mins, but still burned 465 calories)
Overall daily intake: ~1200 calories
************************************
Sunday we stayed at home and cleaned. Did a massive house clean and got some work done around the yard. busy busy busy. Did a set of tai chi in the morning on the deck, but no rowing today.
I delighted in tasting:
- 1L smoothie from yesterday
- 2T vega and a banana
- a few pieces of red pepper and a couple pea pods
- 1L smoothie (1 head red romaine, 2 bananas, 1T maca, 1t acai, 1t acerola, 2T hemp, 1T spirulina, 5 medjools, 1/4t kelp, handful gojis, 5c frozen berries and 3T agave). I didn't like the romaine base, either. Spinach is best, imo, for a smoothie base.
Approximate caloric intake for the day: 1450.
7 days done and I'm down 5 lbs. more than that, i'm resetting my relationship with food onto a more conscious path. It feels right to be doing this. I realize how out-of-touch my food intake had gotten... I was eating twice as many calories every day, mostly raw but not as diligently raw as I am being now. I'm not denying myself solid food completely (like today I had a couple veggie bites), but I do need to eat consciously and that is something new for me. It's kinda weird to have more time to do other things other than food prep or cleaning up after making a meal when you're blending a smoothie. It frees you up for other things, which is... odd because we don't usually have that time.
Anyhow, overall, the weekend was great and I'm looking forward to continuing this for the time being. :)
Namaste
No comments:
Post a Comment