It's raining this morning - plip plop - after yesterday's beeeeautiful 16C sunshine, which felt so *seasonal*. The rain's not really depressing - it means I don't have to go out and water the garden or hanging baskets by hand and they'll probably get a more thorough watering from the rain than from me. But I do really enjoy watching the sun on the trees throughout the day - in the morning, coming from the East as the first rays touch the tops of the tall tall trees, and slowly, as the sun rises, the sunlight comes down lower and lower until it's all the way on the ground... and then throughout the day, as the sun moves across the sky, how it looks on the leaves of the alder trees, dappled and the leaves turn this brilliant light green, contrasting with the conifer's dark green needles surrounding. Then into the evening, towards sunset, the sunlight coming through the heavily forested west side of our property. I was at the kitchen window the other day watching the sunlight come through the trees in the west as I washed the dishes after dinner. It was beautiful, catching the golden glimpses reflecting off the firs and cedars. *beautiful*
Today is Day 3 of the smoothie-feast. Yesterday went alright... I got my 8.5 kms of rowing in and also taught a 1.5 hr tai chi class (which you might not *think* is very aerobic, but let me tell you, i sweat (sorry, perspire) something wicked during a good tai chi class. LOL So I was pretty happy with how active I was yesterday. For nutrition, I blessed myself with two protein shakes - I had 2T of Vega Shake-and-Go (chocolate) and a banana blended at 8 a.m. (before tai chi) and another 2T of vanilla flavour and another banana at 1:00 (before rowing). Boy, do those vega shakes stave off hunger! They've got ~11g of protein in each serving. Around noon I had 1/2 L of smoothie from Day 1 and throughout the day about 5 12oz glasses of water (or 6?). I also enjoyed 2c of kombucha in the evening, multivitamins and calcium and a few nibblies (a couple small pieces of watermelon and a few snap pea pods) as it was book club night at my house and I was lamenting not getting around to making a smoothie. I figure my caloric intake was around 1000 calories, so rather low. (I sure enjoyed having my friends over for book club, though! We were discussing Vladimir Megre's Anastasia of the Ringing Cedar Series)
Today I'll have time to make 2L of smoothie, which will hopefully keep me going for most of the day (at ~1300 cal/2L). And I'm intending on rowing this morning.
The dog's snoring over on her bed. She's all curled up like she's still in the womb, despite being a big gangly 2 yr old now. I don't know how that position could possibly be comfortable, but it must be. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment