Phew! Day 1 is *done*. I always seem to build up such anxiety surrounding the first couple days of a fast/feast. Always the same, despite me successfully navigating the first few days several times now in various fasts.
Today went (surprisingly?) well. It was a beautiful sunny spring day. I got an 8.5 km row in (39 mins) and according to the rowing machine, burned 491 calories doing that. :P
Today I gifted myself with:
- Garden of Life's Vitamin Code for Women (a 'serving' of multivitamins) & 2 calcium-magnesium (666 mg of calcium & 333 of magnesium)
- 12 oz of *love* water (rather pathetically low water intake, i know). Love water is based on Dr Emoto's research on water... I have several (6?) glass gallon jars which I fill with tap water. On the jars are written positive messages like "Love" and "Healing, healthy water" and "peace"... Dr Emoto's research shows that molecules in the water absorb the message on the bottle... so a positive message goes a long way to healing the water and thereby healing *me*, the ingestor of the healing, blessed water. Seriously, what have you got to lose?! Try it!
- 480 ml of kombucha
- 2T of Vega's Shake & Go, the water & meat of one young coconut, and a mango, all blended together.
- 1.5L of green smoothie: 6c of spinach, 2 bananas, 4c of frozen berry blend, 1/4tsp kelp, 1T maca powder, 1T spirulina, 3T agave nectar, a handful of soaked goji berries, a handful of raw cacao nibs, 1 tsp acai berry powder, 3T hulled hemp seeds.
Near as I can tell, my caloric intake for the day was ~1400 calories, so that's pretty good. I'd be aiming for 1500 calories or thereabouts. I have to acknowledge that I went to a birthday party today and didn't nibble a thing the whole afternoon. Also went grocery shopping later on, and also didn't fall into the trap of buying things I shouldn't. Truthfully, this is easier earlier on in a fast rather than later on, when I mentally try to talk myself out of continuing a fast... I just realized I have enough ingredients to continue with smoothies for probably the next 2 to 3 *weeks* if I wanted to. What a gift that would be to my Self, but still, even one day is a gift! :D
Namaste'
No comments:
Post a Comment