13 April 2011

Today's thoughts

Still pondering how to reconcile one's ideals and values and beliefs in life with the way one actually *lives* their life. Because sometimes those are two *totally* different things.

And then there's how does this relate to politics with the upcoming federal election in Canada.

Went to a movie tonight, The Greenhorns, about young farmers in America - the joys, and the challenges, facing young farmers today. Like access to land. Like making a profit. Like different models of farming and how small-scale organic agriculture is where my heart is. I can see myself farming the 5 acres, if only to provide my (extended) family with good food, or at least to cut our food bill considerably. Realistically, I'll need to grow more than we need so I can sell *some* - enough to buy inputs and make increases in capital expenditures like greenhouses, etc. But I can see the passion rising within. I can see myself doing it. Hopefully sooner than later!

Still pondering creativity and what it looks like to be creative. And how important it is for all of us to have a creative outlet in our lives. A way of expressing that. Because it is *so* important to our well-being!

Grateful for the many blessings I am surrounded by,
~n~

No comments: