well, i am trying in earnest to get into that daily exercise habit that is so crucial to my overall well-being. It's been 19 months since I've really been in "the zone". I've tried several times over the 19 months to get back into it, but for whatever reason, each time I tried, I'd make it 2 weeks and then stop. I think I wanted to see some serious results in 2 weeks or less and when that wasn't happening it was really hard to stay motivated.
This month I've exercised 12 out of the past 16 days. I feel good about it, but that hasn't made it any easier to get down to business each day. I still lead a dismally sedentary life, spending *far* too much time in the car or just generally in a chair, despite having housework to do or chores or other responsibilities. I don't live with people who initiate hikes, or runs, or what-have-you. But I know from any changes I've made in my life that I have to *be* the active person to get those around me to either become that way themselves or to attract people into my life who will support me being more active... people who will help me stay on the path. *I* have to start the chain reaction. And I know *I* have the ability to do that.
So for all my grumbling and grumpiness about *having* to exercise daily, really, I feel very blessed that I have my health. I have the ABILITY to exercise and for that, I am truly, truly grateful. I may not ever enter a triathlon, I may not ever set world records, but I do appreciate the benefits I gain from a daily exercise habit.
So let's get down to business. It's time to get our bodies moving and *enjoy* the experience! :D
1 comment:
My body is moving but only too and from work. Does that count?
Post a Comment