24 April 2011

Empowering Changes

I watched a couple RawFoodWorld TV Show episodes while on high-speed yesterday and one episode talked about compulsive eating. I don't yet have my compulsive eating under control, I admit it. (*see? the sky didn't fall in by admitting that!*) I haven't found a local support like a counsellor who specializes in food addictions, and I feel like that's who I'm going to need - someone with that kind of training - to help me sort through this, because it's definitely entrenched (unhealthy) eating patterns. I think it's just something I keep putting out of my mind (or at least pushing it into the back recesses of my mind). It's not something I've wanted to admit or deal with.

But at some point (probably sooner than my ego realizes (LOL)), I'm going to have to grab the bull by the horns and deal with it. I look forward to being a person who isn't addicted to food, who makes healthy food choices and doesn't overeat.

On another note, I've been diligent about exercising this month. So far I've been active 18 out of 24 days - 75%. That's my goal. 75% of the time be active for at *least* half an hour those days. It's not like I'm expecting myself to do a triathlon or a marathon (although secretly I think that would be *so* exhilarating!). Just half an hour. And still, there are days that I just *resist* big-time. But no excuses! I am committed to improving my health. It feels good to have honoured that commitment this month. It's the first time I've done so in 19 months, and it's as though I'm saying to myself "I am worthy" every time I make the effort to exercise.

Small steps are how big changes are made.

No comments: