It's the end of the month. I rowed an amazing 134 kms this month, the first time (I know I know I keep repeating it) I've done so in 19 months. It feels great! Today I rowed 7 kms (32 mins). Rowing is like running; I can row 10 kms in about the same amount of time I could run 10 kms (if my foot didn't hurt so badly from the plantar fasciatis, that is). I'm just so darned happy that I've stuck with the exercising this month. 23 out of 30 days. 77% of the days this month. Wahoo!
Otoh, I haven't lost a single pound, and that is truly disheartening. maybe i'm building muscle back up. But seriously, couldn't we just start losing a LITTLE weight, please?! I'm giving myself 19 months. Surely that's enough time to work this off?!
Now that the exercise is somewhat firmly implanted in my daily routine again, I've been looking at the other areas of my life. I'm drinking more water again and have started taking a multivitamin (Garden of Life's Vitamin Code for women, which seems specifically formulated for a raw diet) as well as a calcium/magnesium supplement. I'd been re-reading Becoming Raw (Davis/Melina) and began wondering just how "well-planned" my raw food diet really was. I kinda eat whatever's around, not thinking ahead. Maybe that's my downfall, eh?
Life's about balance. Lately I've just been trying to step back, look at things a little more objectively and assess if the balance is working for me. The house, for example, looks like a tornado whipped through (in actual fact it was a certain 7 yr old with a penchant for creative, imaginative play). Maybe tomorrow I'll get a chance to straighten things out. I'm not stressed out about the disarray, but I would like it a *little* tidier... before Mother's Day. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment