22 February 2011

terrific tuesday!

My nephew's 4 today! happy birthday, buddy! :D miss you!!!

we all woke up fighting the *slightest* of colds. unusual, but alright, whatever. i confess i hadn't even thought of taking oil of oregano until just now. i just ignored it all day; it was so slight it wasn't worth my attention, really, but it's definitely *something*. :P

BEAUTIFUL sunny day today, albeit cold... like around 3C. brrrrrr. (oh shush up if you're on the prairies already) It *tried* to do this funny snow-freezing rain thing briefly (very briefly) but mostly just sunshine all day. Somehow, though, we spent part of the afternoon inside at the kitchen table. dd's decided to make a family tree on poster paper and is drawing and cutting out little circles for every person, their picture and name in the circle. Very cute. ds prefers playing piano to practising his penmanship but its a necessary evil these days it seems, so he was completing workbook pages.

Tai chi this morning was great. Do you know I've done it daily for over a week now? It feels great to do even just one set each day... usually either first thing in the morning or last thing at night. I am loving the movement in the spine, loosening things up in there, releasing tension. Feels soooooooo good. I managed to make it for about half of the continuing class and then taught for an hour. Instructing is so rewarding. While we practised today I listened as everyone's feet stepped in unison into the next position. *bliss* And to think that about 6 weeks ago, they were just starting, and here we are, probably 25 or 30 moves into the set! They're doing really *really* well. Most enjoyable!

I've been a little more conscious the past couple days of my food intake. I don't usually write down ahead of time what I'm going to eat for the day, rather, I fly by the seat of my pants. Which I know isn't an advised plan of attack when it comes to people who have a tendency to overeating. I just kinda realized I'd slipped into overeating (even if it was raw), and wanted to be a little more aware of what I was ingesting. I've started making smaller quantities of smoothie - 1.25L instead of 2L. It makes a big difference. However I still feel like I'm overeating. It's really hard to become aware of our emotional state in regards to food, and to curb ourselves from reaching unconsciously for food. Today I realized even chewing gum is a mind-numbing thing.

The other part of the equation is that I'm just not active daily like I have been. I've struggled to get myself back into a daily exercise routine. Tai chi is not enough for me, although its benefits are wonderful, for sure. I just think as humans we have become (generalization here) very sedentary compared to our ancestors, and it's not to our benefit. Well, I'll work to get back to that place of daily movement. I'll learn to embrace it yet.

Grateful for Life and its abundant blessings
~n~

No comments: