23 February 2011

*ANOTHER* sinus infection?!?!?

omG this is, i think, the fourth sinus infection I've had in what feels like as many months. good RIDDANCE!!!! ds and i are both sniffling away, sinuses plugged, and i'm praying and hoping it doesn't go into our eustachian tubes again. ear infections are so awful!! i don't know what's bringing these sinus infections on... i mean, my diet is so much healthier than the average person's, imo, and so is ds's. so what's up with the sinus infections?! i know i haven't been in that daily exercise habit, and that's probably got something to do with it. also, i got to thinking today that it's something psychically with my sixth chakra... why the repeated blockage, i don't know. if you can shed some light on this, *please do*.

And it snowed today! not just a little; we probably got 6 or 8 inches of snow! *highly unusual for our area* it was such a shock; yesterday it was sunny and the crocuses were in full bloom, and today they're buried beneath the snow. dh & the kids made the coolest snowman - he's wearing sunglasses and has his beach towel and flippers and is ready for the beach, but looks rather grumpy about the snow. LOL I'm not sure how long the snow will last, but at least the roads are clear - we drove about 160 kms tonight and had no problems at all, 'though we saw *several* vehicles in the ditches. I should be more confident in inclement weather; after all, I have AWD and brand new all-season tires, but honestly, I am scared silly about driving in snow. I strongly dislike the idea that if something goes wrong I'd have to be the responsible adult, I'd have to stay calm and care for my children. It's such a ridiculous notion; I mean, I'm the lone adult with my children most of the time, and most of the time, I'm alright with it... especially when things are routine and we're in the confines of our comfort zone. But when things go outside that zone - like inclement weather, for example - well, that sends my stress levels high. Especially seeing other vehicles in the ditches. Not terribly reassuring for my frazzled nerves and creative imagination! LOL Ahhh well, we made it home just fine, and I think it's important for me to go outside that comfort zone when the opportunity presents itself. We could've stayed home today, but chose not to. It's important for me to have good experiences outside the comfort zone, to build my confidence that I can, in fact, handle stressful situations... even if it is something minor like driving in snow.

well, this sniffly mama's off to bed.
*namaste*

No comments: