Ugh. Seriously. What is WITH these sinus infections?!? Granted, today is *much* better than yesterday, but still, enough already! Yesterday I drank 2 tsp of ACV in a glass of warm water, I took about 70 drops of oil of oregano in water throughout the day and also rinsed my sinuses with warm sea salt water. All of it helped and today I definitely do think I'm managing alright, but really, any time now, it could just GO AWAY!!!! ...for eternity.
Well, it's finally come down to dh & I talking about moving. The 6 hr commute at either end of his workweek is weighing heavily on him and none of us enjoy that we don't see him during the workweek, and with all the OT available this year, we won't be seeing him for 5 days at a time very often. We've been here 12+ years, and have gotten very comfortable in our home... it is the only home the kids have known. It's a beautiful acreage in the forest, with a seasonal creek through the back and less then 500m to the ocean. It's truly a piece of paradise. So the thought of leaving and moving to the mainland is... less than appealing. But the reality is, dh's been commuting for 2 yrs now and we both realize he's not getting a posting over here this year, which means a minimum of 3 yrs... and it could be another 2 (or more) after that before an opening comes up on the island. And ultimately, do we want to be doing this for 2, 3... even 5 more years?!? Not so much. So there's talk. Talk about the staggering amount of work that needs to be done around here to get this place ready to put on the market... and just where is the time (& money) going to come from to do all that?!? Then there's talk about the aspect of downsizing - obviously we're not going to find a house & acre over there that's in our budget, so we have to wrap our heads around letting go of a lot of possessions (which actually I think is a blessing), but it's the animals - the dog, cats, chickens - that I wonder and worry about. I doubt we can bring 23 chickens with us (lol), let alone 3 outdoor cats, and the dog, well... *sigh* So it's not without serious apprehension that I'm pondering this possible move. I'm not jumping up and down with joy at the thought of moving, period, let alone to the city. I love it out here in the country. It's quiet, rural, but you've still got a very supportive community around you. Doesn't matter what window I look out of, all I see is green - trees, trees, everywhere. I'd miss that terribly. There's so much I'd miss, but I can see that being overly attached to this property & lifestyle at the expense of being together as a family isn't productive. Moving is never stress-free but maybe it's what needs to be done this year. idk. what do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment