One child was disappointed upon waking to see all the slush after going to bed with 4" of snow on the ground. The other was excited that there was still some snow on the ground... lying in bed, not seeing any snow on the trees, they figured it was all gone, and was happy to see the ground still had some snow, albeit it was quickly turning to slush. Funny how they can both look at the same situation and have different responses. Just a reminder that there are always different ways of looking at things, we can always be more open-minded.
We stayed inside most of the day. I sat with the kids as they each practised their piano. We watched a little house on the prairie episode. They spent time individually and together in imaginative play. I *LOVE* listening in on their little worlds, not interrupting, just observing and listening to the conversations they have with themselves. The Playmobil is positioned across the living room carpet tonight, the Pokemon cards are aligned, ready for attacking each other on each stair and the landing, the pretend food is all set out for a tea party, the dress-up clothes all askew, strewn across the playroom...
Buddy the rooster definitely has an injured leg - some kind of internal injury as there is no external sign of injury. He willingly sat with me today for at least 15 minutes, probably closer to half an hour. He's such a sweetie. I'm contemplating giving him Rescue Remedy to assist with his recovery. He's reluctant to put any pressure on his left leg; I can't tell if it's broken or if it's out of alignment (and I'm not about to do amateur chiropractic care on my rooster) or just badly bruised/sprained. I just hope he heals quickly, poor guy.
No comments:
Post a Comment