Sinus cold, full blown today. Ear tubes achy and blocked. Took oil of oregano faithfully throughout the day. Rubbing it (diluted with olive oil) around my ears externally. Tonight I have the vaporiser on with OoO in it. More water and rest (and oil of oregano) needed, I think.
Walked the 3 km beach loop today with friends (and dogs). Three mamas, 7 kids, 5 dogs and the neighbourhood vagabond dog, so 6, technically... and snow! It was SNOWING at the beach! The kids thoroughly enjoyed walking in the light snow (which wasn't sticking yet). Fun!!!
Something happened while we were out last night. The rooster was all dishevelled today and so was one hen. A quick headcount and yep, all 24 are still there, but being as we didn't get home until nearly 10 last night, they were vulnerable from dusk (around 5 p.m.) 'til when we locked them in nearly 5 hrs later. *something* happened, 'though I'm not sure what. Grateful we didn't lose any of our feathered friends. I sat with the rooster on my lap today (in the pen, not in the house, lmao), giving him Reiki, as not only are his feathers all this way and that, but he's limping on one leg. No discernable injury, but obviously something's quite sore. He accepts Reiki happily for about 5 minutes. Buddy's the tamest rooster ever. I can even give him a hug and he doesn't flinch. :) (yep, I'm a rooster-hugger! LOL)
Into town for ballet class, a trip to the library, and grocery run. Home as soon as possible after as it was then snowing more and more (still, roads were clear and wet). Spent the evening watching LHotP with the kids, snuggled together on the couch. ;) It's been snowing all evening and the children happily report (before snuggling into bed) that we have about 4"/10cm at that time. It's rather windy, too.
Maybe I'll post pics of the snow tomorrow... the kids are thrilled to have a "snow day"!! And well, we don't get too many (compared to most of Canada)...
Be well,
~n~
No comments:
Post a Comment