Spent the morning and half the afternoon at home, trying to balance the food co-op's books. (not easy) I literally spent about 5 hours on the books today (and no, the books aren't balanced... yet).
While I did that, the kids played with the Pokemon cards on the stairs, played dress-up, dd used a baby blankie as a parachute and piled a bunch of pillows at the bottom of the stairs, and repeatedly jumped off the landing (after making airplane noises and playing airplane for ~15 minutes and saying how much fun it was to pretend she was (in) an airplane)... then the parachuting became way more fun. LMAO well, of course it would be!! I was a kamikaze myself before I had kids, I'll have you know. Threw caution to the wind on more than one occasion! I mean, not everyone has (bungee) jumped off a 140 foot bridge. But I have. Twice. LMAO First time I was 18. Second time I was 28 (and a mother, and let me tell you - something about becoming a mother has taken the fun right out of doing crazy stunts like that! No thank-you! Now I'd much rather live a life with both feet firmly on the ground and live to see my children grow up, than jump off bridges or go parachuting out of airplanes!!!) Ol' stick-in-the-mud that I am!!! Of course in a couple more years when I'm 38 I just might have to go bungee jumping again, to keep the pattern going.
Piano lesson was cancelled as the teacher was sick. Toodled around town for an hour and then went off to figure skating... dd *loves* being on the ice. She's doing the "jumpstart" program in addition to CanSkate. Jumpstart means she'll be doing a solo performance at the end-of-year show. The jumpstart means she's doing 10 extra minutes at the end of each week's class, so not a huge commitment time-wise. This was the first week of it, and the end-of-year performance is mid-March, so only 9 weeks to practice! She's super excited that she'll get to do an arabesque, something she does a lot of at dance class! :)
Tai Chi open house was tonight. It felt really good to do a set of tai chi. I love the feeling of my spine stretching, the lovely feeling of getting your hips square and just feeling your weight fully supported and balanced. It's blissful to get into that quiet place in your mind, where the chatter subsides and there is empty space. (no jokes about how empty my head is, thank-you. LOL)
Health-wise my sinuses are still plugged, ears also still plugged. Have taken more oil of oregano and vaporiser is on again tonight. Have had a few people suggest I get some antibiotics, but I'm very hesitant to rush off and get them for a mild ear infection. I'd rather give my body a chance to fight this off on its own. OBVIOUSLY if I was in excrutiating pain I'd go for the meds, but I don't see any need to rush into antibiotics. More than anything, I just need to reclaim my health and get back into exercising daily. It is simply crucial to my well-being and it needs to become a priority. It's all well-and-good to eat well, but without exercise, personally, I'm hooped. :P
~May this moment find you in peace and health, surrounded and infused with Love!~
No comments:
Post a Comment