I had such a super Sunday! So awesome, so much that I'm grateful for! *bliss* I stayed up late last night watching a movie (Orgasmic Birth, in case you were wondering, and nooooooooooo, don't read between any lines there, LOL), and woke up early (6:45 on a Sunday morning?! Boooooo hissssssss)..... It is *COLD* here right now - okay, well, put it in perspective, Pacific Northwest coast.... so around freezing feels DAMN cold! After greeting the new day, the chickens and the cats, I lay in bed snuggling with dd... I decided to phone dh, who's off at work... and we had a really sweet conversation for about an hour. What a great way to start your day! :D
The woodstove kept going all night (I was sooooo pleased) and the new Ecofan works like a charm, blowing the warm air around the living room. Very nice.
Before getting out of bed (again), it started snowing! The kids were sooooooo excited, I cannot even begin to tell you! So after breakfast they were out there, making snow angels, clearing the car to make snowballs (thanks, kids, you're awesome helpers, clearing the car of snow!), watching the dog play in the snow. So much fun. Actually, what was hilarious was watching the chickens (who I'm sure thought the sky must've been falling) *eat* the snowflakes that fell in their pen. THAT was funny. ;)
I was so productive this morning, too - I finally got around to putting the sides of the little greenhouse down (I had the plastic rolled up for summer, lol), so hopefully this will extend harvesting the kale and raspberries and parsley (yes, it's nov 21st and i'm still eating fresh raspberries)... I got the last of the christmas lights up, too. That kinda thing.
One of our neighbours has been diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer and the local volunteer firefighters were having a benefit fund afternoon event at the hall, so we dropped off a donation and headed to town. The kids went to Grammy & Grampa's for the afternoon and I went to volunteer for tai chi for a couple hours, assisting people who are currently taking various beginner classes.
Then the kidlets and I went to a homeschooling potluck. SOOOOOOO much fun. I thoroughly enjoyed the adult conversation, that the kids had tons of other kids to play with, the awesome food (I picked up salad greens, and tossed an avocado and mango with some oil & fruit vinegar dressing, and voila, ca c'est tout)...
Came home, ordered dd a Maplelea doll for the holidays (www.maplelea.com) and am enjoying the glow of the christmas lights in at the window, and the heat of the woodstove. It was -3 at 9 p.m., so not sure exactly how cold it will get overnight.
And got the raw food bulk order all together to send off in the morning. So excited to have so many people interested and in on the orders the last little while. We have 50 people on the e-list and regularly are getting at least a dozen ordering each month (and a different dozen each month, which is awesome, too). I just love putting the order together each month!
All in all, a perfectly glorious day! Hope your sunday was equally pleasant!
~n~
No comments:
Post a Comment