We've had below normal temperatures (below freezing) the past several days... and snow! Probably 4" in all; apparently we're supposed to get another 2" overnight. The kids *LOVE* playing in the snow.
I'm trying to coordinate a community project to put up LED Christmas lights in the Golden Beola tree in the park adjacent to the community hall. It's getting there; I need to go out and locate another 5 (empty) strands as I have the lightbulbs, but no strands. I have 9 strands ready to go. The fire department has said they will place them on the tree, which is great.
Got our holiday letter copied today and re-reading it, it looks a bit like an "accomplishment" list, LMAO (if only you knew my parents, LOL)... I just laugh because the accomplishments or events of the past year are not the be-all-end-all, I know that what truly matters is the person we are developing into... are we living the values we say we hold dear? Are we cultivating compassion in our daily lives? How are our relationships, our interactions with others? How do we handle stress - are we reactive or centered during times of stress? These, to me, are the markers of... of... well, suffice to say I ought to write about this kinda stuff, the stuff that really matters in life, in the holiday letter, rather than a list of 'things that happened this year.' i'll put that on my to-do list for the new year ("let go of attachment to achievement"). ha ha ha
Have a great evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment