05 October 2010

Day 5 - can you spell d-e-t-o-x???

woooooweeeeeeeee. TOTALLY detoxing today. I woke up with a *slight-moderate* sinus infection and it progressed steadily throughout the day. Now it's insanely over-the-top. I haven't had a cold in... well, certainly not in the last 4 years since I went vegan... :D ...so this is highly unusual. I'm going to try and rest more tomorrow (& tonight). I had a hot bath with salts & b soda & oils which was super nice earlier.

Today I blessed myself with:
1L of pineapple/celery/red pepper
3/4L of pear/apple/ginger
1 1/4L of carrot/apple/ginger
a cup of hot water with 1/2 lime and a tsp of honey
a little water

So I realize I didn't drink hardly any water (and yes, I'm feeling dehydrated - funny on a juice feast, no?), nor did I have *any* leafy greens today. I *did* have an entire bunch of celery, though (and I have enough pineapples and celery to keep me going for more than a week!). But greens, well... I slacked off on that today. I did start sprouting some wheatgrass, so in a couple weeks I can have a shot every day. Tomorrow, more greens. They're likely going to assist me in making short work of this detox. I am trying to follow the juice feasting guidelines more than I normally would: really aiming for the 1 bunch of celery & 2 lbs of leafy greens daily.

I keep thinking about the foods I've put in my body over the past year that haven't been the healthiest choices; the past 2 juicefeasts I've had nothing like this in terms of detox, and each of those feasts I went into eating much better than I have the past year. I also realize that I reached for these SAD "comfort" foods in times of emotional stress & upheaval. Well, this detox is far from comfortable!! LOL ('though I'm in good spirits, the head cold is annoying, more than anything)

I'm gonna go get some much-needed rest. Ugh. Let's move on to Day 6!!!

1 comment:

holymotherofgod said...

Funny how in the fall it feels somehow like the right time to return to a system, or a regimine, or a program of some sort? Even if health related? I always feel that pull in September.