Well, we're 4 days in to my 3d annual juicefeast! ;) From mid-Oct to Dec 1st 2008, I juicefeasted 45 days. In 2009, I juiced the month of September. This autumn I'm doing it again! Not sure for how long, taking it one day at a time. Would like to juice for a month, anyways.
Can't believe how clear and light I feel after just 3 days. Truly amazing. Clearing out lots of waste. I've been tongue scraping and colon cleansing and juicing and I feel sooooooooo good!!!! Slight detoxing (or lingering viral infection?) with slightly swollen glands in my throat and a little post-nasal drippy kinda mucus in the throat/lungs that produces a slight cough. Not enough to bother me much though. Today I will add Cascara Sagrada in as well, to assist in moving toxins and waste out. I've been taking MSM daily as well as flax oil. I have bee pollen, but can't tolerate it on its own - in smoothies its good, on its own, I react to it. So it'll have to wait for now.
My juicing days have been about 4L each day:
1L of pineapple/red pepper/celery (1/2 a pineapple, 1 red pepper & an entire bunch of celery)
2L of greens/apple/carrot/ginger (which is closer to 1 lb of leafy greens, not 2 as recommended)
1/2L of tomato/basil blend (with garlic, onion, spices) - I slightly heat this on the stove, just enough that it reminds me more of soup than a V8 juice.
1L of yam/carrot/apple/ginger/cinnamon. mmmmm, a dessert-y juice. ;)
I picked up 50 lbs of locally grown carrots for $7 (yes, 14c/lb) and 80 lbs of organic gala apples for $76 (95c/lb) and ginger is cheap so I'm set for carrot/apple/ginger blends.
Today I have a honeydew melon to juice. And I'm hoping to pick up a case of young coconuts. I *love* coconut water, but generally they cost $2.99 each at the local supermarket. In Chinatown I can get them for $1.99 each.
And fwiw, I'm down 8 lbs in just 3 days. This is normal on the first few days of a feast as things (like refined grains and sugars) that have been lodged in the intestine find their way out. Nothing to worry about. I haven't been overly hungry, 'though the kids eating pizza in front of me was a little much, I wasn't tempted to eat any of it. (thank goodness)
Okay, on with the day! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment