My children's learning consultant has a wonderful way of connecting them to observe their Selves as they go about their days. She engages them in conversations that simply ask them to recount their senses throughout the week - what did you hear this week which was a new or memorable sound? And so on... It's a great way to become more present & mindful in this moment. So I thought I'd borrow it here.
In this moment,
- I feel my daughter's breath gently warming my arm, feel her feet against my leg, as she sleeps quietly beside me. We lie snuggling, curled up under a warm blanket.
- I hear a chicken clucking and the occasional crowing from Lucky, the rooster. I hear one of the dogs breathing as she sleeps across the room. Faintly I hear the waves rolling in on the beach.
- I smell the fresh, cool morning air coming in the window screen.
- I look out the window and am glad to live here. Out every window I am greeted by Nature. The sunlight is filtered through the forest of trees in the yard - cedars, firs, alders. Yesterday we saw a little yellow canary bird flitting from branch to branch in a cedar tree.
Life is good. Very good. I am filled with gratitude for the abundant blessings I am surrounded by.
No comments:
Post a Comment