Sleep is such a wonderful healer. Go to bed crying and wake up refreshed, anew. I feel sooooooooo much better today. Because I have a plan. ;) Something worth working towards, ya know. Nothing like that to pick yourself up. That, and friends to hold your hand, to send healing energy and loving thoughts your way, to remind you that life's not all doom and gloom ('though in that moment it sure seems like it, eh).
So today I am focused and motivated. I dreamt of flash floods in the creek in our yard - the house remained very stable and safe but i was standing on the edge of the creek when i heard the water coming from upstream and i realized quickly to back away from the danger. it was a neat dream - to not be frightened by the danger, but feel very calm and knowing what to do, knowing the house was safe.
Watching Beezus & Ramona with the kids yesterday reminded me of how much I was like Ramona when I was a kid. High energy, high emotions, just generally INTENSE, and apparently that's not a good thing. LOL I laugh about it because I'm still like that, but make a concerted effort to remember that the emotional storms that come through will pass easily enough without me letting them get the better of me; emotions don't REQUIRE any response from me. ;) But sometimes I still think I'm a bit of an emotional basket case (mostly around my moon flow, as any woman can well-relate to).
Yesterday's emotional upsettedness was compounded by the refined sugar and wheat I'd consumed. Today I'm focused on my health, re-committed to raw food. I've struggled the past 4 yrs, having my maca powder and goji berries next to Pop Tarts and other 'foods'. It's hard to sit at a table, sharing a meal, when others are eating pizza or garlic bread or other things like that. I have sometimes thought it'd be so much easier to be raw if everyone else around me was, too, or if I was a hermit and lived alone. But alas, that's not realistic to expect. Everyone's on their own journey, and I'd like to be able to give them the space to eat whatever they like around me, so that they might hold that space for me, too. And i'm not likely to become a hermit anytime soon. LMAO
I just wanted to post today and say thanks, thanks for boosting me up. The irony of the blog's title "Loving life and laughing" and the post "in the depths of despair" was not lost on me... this morning. ;)
Namaste
No comments:
Post a Comment