Two days of glorious, GLORIOUS autumn sunshine! How BLESSED we are. Gone are the torrential downpours (well, temporarily anyways); the roads are dry again and the beautiful sunshine streams in the windows well on its way to the North wall (*love* the passive solar orientation of our house. It's VERY well designed in that regard)... anyways, I begin to digress already...
Feeling much better today, after supplying my digestive system with 60 BILLION helpers, in the form of Acidophilus. Fight, little ones, FIGHT!! Ya, so, who knows what was going on in there - from the excessively loud gurgling and nastiness of it all, i'm glad to be over whatever it was. That's the great thing with raw foods, you heal so quickly! I was at the chiropractor last week, and the month before one of my shoulder blades was giving me the slightest bit of grief - he had popped it back into place, and so now, 6 wks later, he goes to see if it's out of alignment again, but nope - totally healed. He is truly amazed at how young my body is for its 34 years... in the sense of it stays in alignment between visits and it corrects misalignments very quickly, and has amazing flexibility and regeneration. As I was leaving this visit, he said, "Whatever you're eating, keep on eatin' it!" He knows the connection between food and health. We've talked about my raw diet, and although he's not raw himself, he knows that more veggies (especially dark leafy green ones) and fruits are good for the body.
There was a nasty accident on the road into town this afternoon - a loaded logging truck rolled on a corner, taking out 4 power poles as it went. Gratefully, there were no injuries at all, but 1000 homes are without power (probably still) and the road was closed for upwards of 8 hrs, leaving all the rush-hour travellers to take the windy, hilly country road (it even has a single lane bridge to complicate matters)... on our way into town for ds's aikido class, traffic was backed waaaaaaaayyyyy back from the bridge (they did have flaggers - as in flag people - at the bridge, thankfully). I'm just so grateful no one was injured in the accident. Sure, it's a minor inconvenience to travel the long way around, (and I imagine some of those weary commuters were cursing the extra time spent in the car), but really, we have so much to be thankful for.
Yesterday dd went to her friend's across the street and in exchange, ds's friend came over (they're brother & sister - yes, *my* kids, OBVIOUSLY mine are brother & sister, LOL - the friends, THEY're brother & sister)... The two boys and I played an entire game of Full House, a board game in which we are hoteliers, checking in and out guests and running hotels. The game came with our house when we bought it eleven years ago (estate sale - we got EVERYTHING that was in the house - including some men's underwear - LMAO)... and ds just LOVES board games, and this one especially. I'd love to find a copy of it on e-bay since the Guest cards are pretty well-used and we've broken our "people popper" thingee. But it was a GREAT afternoon of boardgaming... the boys eating popcorn with nutritional yeast on it and drinking hot chocolate. Even though it was a beautiful sunny autumn day, we so enjoyed just spending it inside playing together. Later I went out and ate probably 2 cups of fresh raspberries in the garden while just basking in the sunshine. Seriously - Oct 18th and I was eating fresh raspberries. Gotta LOVE living in this beautiful climate!!!
And I read 6 chapters of Brian Jacques' Martin the Warrior last night to finish the book. ds was right into it; dd, not so much, but still enjoys snuggling while being read to. I admit, I love reading aloud to the kids... we've enjoyed so many great books together and it's a wonderful way to reconnect at day's end. I think one of our favourites has been Pierre Berton's The Secret World of Og. Or any of the Enid Blyton books we've read, like The Magic of the Faraway Tree and The Wishing Chair and Mr. Galiano's Circus. The Hobbit was a great read. As were the Farley Mowat books we've read. Or... or... or.... Yep, we likes readin'.
I'll leave you with the joke my daughter told me the other day (courtesy of Chirp magazine):
What did one eye say to the other?
Just between you and me, something smells.
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (or is that a groan i hear?) ha ha ha ha
No comments:
Post a Comment