18 October 2009

Ugh.

I was quite ill last night with some major digestive upsettedness. Did not help that I indulged in a baked sticky bun from the grocery store during the day (wheat & refined sugar, probably some dairy in it - ick)... but I think what sent me over the edge was the raw leftovers I was still eating from Thanksgiving last weekend... and yes, we're talking a full 5 days later even though the recipes said these items wouldn't keep more than 3 days... so I kinda thought I might be pushing it. So after a really REALLY rough night, I woke up feeling a little better this morning, but knew I was going to have to rest more today... and be VERY gentle on my digestive system. All seems well now, but still not 100%.

To boot, it was a sunny, blue sky, crisp fall day here (probably 15 above) and I felt a little troubled that I wasn't doing more outside - cleaning up the yard and stuff, but really, I needed to rest (It's been POURING rain the past few days - serious, torrential downpours that usually create some flooding around these parts - monsoon season has officially arrived). TOMORROW I'll pull the potatoes if I'm feeling up to it. TOMORROW I'll get those chores done. Today (it IS Sunday, after all), I'll rest.

No comments: