Well, actually it's still Day 11; I haven't gone to sleep yet! Day 11 went very well. I've been having a challenging time getting the 4L of juice into me each day - one day earlier this week I had 3/4L the entire day. Day 11 I consumed 3.5L, which was admirable, as well as a good 1L of water, if not a bit more.
I haven't been exercising at all since starting the juicefeast, with the exception of tai chi. I am feeling like I need to get on the rowing machine tomorrow, to move a bit more than I have been.
My juicy combos for Day 11:
- celery, pineapple, red pepper (LOVE this combo; I'm really loving celery right now) with probably 2T or maybe 3 of E3Live
- romaine lettuce, pear, cucumber
- green leaf lettuce, celery, apple, lemon, ginger
- "V-8": tomato, basil, cucumber, celery, carrot, beet, green leaf lettuce (okay that's only 7, but still, it was really good)... with kelp flakes in it.
- green leaf lettuce, pineapple, and blackberry
Definitely it helps to make all the juices at once. Using the Green Star they don't oxidize quickly, so I have no qualms about juicing at once like that. I do keep the pineapple juice separate from the greens if I'm going to store it for any length of time, however. Also still figuring out the Green Star; figuring out which order to put the food into the chute - keeping some celery or carrot to push the softer or pulpier foods like tomato or blackberry through... but I am *LOOOOOVVVVVVIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGG* the Green Star. What a seriously awesome juicer this is. Best quality ever. Love it.
Changes since starting juicing - I'd say my face is clearer. It's usually quite red-toned, but now is regularly even-toned. Nice complexion. I can see my jaw muscles flex if I clench my teeth - I hadn't noticed that before starting the feast. LOL A little weight loss. Having to summon all my willpower to resist things like the pineapple pizza the kids were eating the other day, or the peanut butter cookies in the house... i *know* that anything with refined flour and refined sugar tests my willpower tremendously. I'll be re-reading Raw Emotions very very soon and working through it. While juicing is the time to get to the bottom of my food addictions.
Feeling great overall, though. :)
1 comment:
Yno whats funny is that I always find after I "cheat" that it's more tempting after that to continue that as opposed to if I just keep eating my "normal diet". If you don't stray too far from it then you don't get tempted to eat more of that crap. Like last week I was all impressed, my 'cheat' consisted only of eating some white rice. (Like how bad is that!?) But last night I REALLY cheated by eating some stupid chinese food and omg did i pay for that in spades in my digestive system. Wudev- back to eating "normal" today and going forward I really don't want to go back to eating garbagey food. It does no good.
Post a Comment