16 September 2009

Day 16

Wow, is this juice feast ever going by FAST!! (no pun intended, besides, it's a feast, not a fast, LOL) Days just zip by.

Taught tai chi this morning, after taking a continuing class myself. So 2.5 hrs of tai chi this morning. *BLISS!!!* True bliss. Came home at lunch, sooooo relaxed. 11 students in the class. So good to be teaching again after a summer off!

Drank 3L of juice today, and 1L of water, as well as a cup of licorice spice herbal tea. The juices were:
- another V-8 concoction
- spinach, celery, apple, lime, ginger - a LOVELY combination. i could drink it every day. i usually do. *winks*
- pineapple, celery, red pepper, dandelion greens (yes, they're very much edible - just make sure they haven't been sprayed... or peed on, LMAO), and kale

The other day I tried a combination that Matt & Angela Stokes-Monarch on youtube (don't ask me for the link right now; I'm on dial-up, after all!) - it was soooooooooo good and the kids agreed that there is a taste of chocolate milk! ;) 2 heads of romaine, 1 head of spinach, 2 lbs of carrots, and a little fennel. Made about 2L of juice. I added 2 apples as well; I haven't quite got to the point of green juices with no fruit at all. They are so very very cleansing, my body isn't quite ready to handle that just yet... actually, psychologically *I* am not ready to handle that kind of detox yet. But yes, the "chocolate milk" was delicious. I'll be having lots more of that to come.

I am finding that juicing generally costs about $15+/day here. I can't seem to find organic greens for $1/head or bunch. Closer to $2.50 or even more than $3 each, which at 4-6 a day quickly becomes a little prohibitive. I have cilantro and sorrel and parsley in the garden, as well as beet greens, kohlrabi thinnings and collards which will soon be harvest-able. And some young lettuces as well. But I'm thinking of ordering an entire case of things through the produce delivery - like 24 heads of romaine lettuce, or 24 heads of celery. I'm just wondering if my "raw fridge" is large enough to accomodate that much produce. And also, what about variety being the spice of life?! If I eat nothing but romaine and spinach for 2 weeks... well, wouldn't it be better to pay a little more but have more variety while juicing? I don't know. What do you think?

In less than 3 weeks, dh & I are going away for 4 nights. I'm hoping to juice throughout the time away, but am wondering if I should take the juicer with me, or just go to juice bars and have 4L made up each day and store it? Guess I should google the cities we'll be in and make sure they have raw restaurants/juice bars where I can do that. Also, I know downtown a liter of juice costs $13. Purchasing 4L is going to be $52/day. Times 4 days. hmmmm. Seeing as I can make 4L of juice at home for $15/DAYYYYY, it's far more economical for me to bring juice along. I *could* juice 4 days' worth ahead of time and freeze it and take it along in a cooler. One possibility. Hmmmmm.... hamster wheel's'a turnin'. ;)

And I'm well into Raw Emotions (a book by Angela Stokes-Monarch; you can purchase it online at www.rawreform.com in the Store). EXCELLENT book. Really loving it. I tried reading it months ago but (as usual) had so many books on the go simultaneously it was hard to get into it just then. But now... NOW!!!! While juice feasting, it just seems it's the PERFECT time to get into reading about the emotional attachments we have to food, and sorting through some of the food issues that have been plaguing me for so long... like my addiction (yes, it truly is one) to refined sugar and wheat. I long for the day when they get no rise out of me. I will write more about RE as I go through it.

Ahhhhhh, dh is home from work.
Signing off...
~n~

No comments: