Yesterday I was up just before sunrise (yes, I was out of bed by 5:07) and out working in the yard by 6 (quietly, I assure you. No sense in getting the power tools going that early and upsetting the neighbours). I have been working on the front deck railing the past few days. But not being a carpenter, there are mistakes. Mistakes that I am determined to fix today. Maybe if you came over and looked, you wouldn't notice, but *I* can see them, and I want it to be better than it is, so I'm kinda going back a couple steps today and fixing a couple things. dh comes back into town tomorrow, so there's a bit of self-induced pressure to make it presentable before he comes home. And my parents are possibly coming for lunch later this week, and if you know about my relationship with them (LOL, my sister's the same way I think), I go around trying to impress them... seeking attention, really. It's obvious to me, and yet I have a really hard time stopping myself. LMAO So yesterday I worked on the deck in the morning, went to the field where the potatoes are and hilled potatoes for a couple hours (phew! hard work!!! and i'm not done! need to go back tomorrow!), then I went to a "organic soil health and management" workshop at the compost centre in town, and came home and continued to work on the deck until nearly sunset (9:21 p.m.). A very productive, if not tiring, day.
So today I slept in. LOL I'm going out in a minute to work on the deck railing and stairs, though. It's just too sunny out there to not be out enjoying it.
I ate *SO* much yesterday. I only drank 48 oz of water, where I usually drink 3L (96 oz). I had, among other things, 1 1/2 c of hemp milk-chia pudding, 2 lbs of strawberries, 1.5 L of green smoothie, 2 avocado salad rolls (in rice paper, so not completely raw, as I don't think rice paper is completely raw - it's certainly quite processed - you don't find "rice paper plants" in nature anywhere, LOL - and I think this was also 2 full avocadoes, which is quite a bit to eat at once, for me anyways), 2 juicy nectarines, a "Raw Organic" bar (I like the high fibre chocolate one - it has 14g of fibre in it and has the consistency of toffee. mmmmmm, toffee). Oh, and and 3 pieces of raw candied jicama. A mug of herbal tea. Some salmonberries. (Are you getting full yet, just reading about all the food I ate yesterday?!) 2c veggies (carrot, celery, mushrooms) & 1/2c raw ranch dip (cashew based). An apple. hmmm, there's probably more. I was eating and eating and eating all day. At least it felt like that. But then again, I *did* expend a lot of energy working yesterday, and I rowed some, too.
Anyways, enough talking about food. ;)
Enjoy your Solstice, and Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!! You've given us the gift of life, you've guided us as we've grown, you've worked hard and fulfilled your responsibilities of keeping us sheltered, clothed, fed. You protected us from danger and taught us skills like using the lawn mower, weedeater, chainsaw, all the power tools.... You've taught us how to change tires, oil, and belts on our cars. You've watched as we've grown, from little infants, through toddlerhood and into young children, through the teenage years and as we've become adults and moved out into the world on our own, creating families of our own. It's been a long road and I'm sure not always easy for you as we've made choices you haven't necessarily agreed with. You've shared your thoughts with us, and in your own way, showed us you love us and care. I for one am grateful for all the dads I have in my life - my own dad, my husband, my father-in-law, my grandfather, my husband's grandfather, the kids' godfathers, my brothers and brother-in-law, uncles, and others. They have all, in their own way, contributed so importantly to our lives, and I'm very grateful for them all. Happy Father's Day.
1 comment:
And don't forget how to garden, how to raise chickens, how to be motivated and stanitize, how to ride a bike and get black eyes, how to... lol
Post a Comment