22 June 2009

Monday's musings...

Hmmmm.... What to say, what to say....

Had a great day... I worked on excavating the front path up to the deck/stairs I just completed. I got it about half done in 3 hrs, took out about 5 wheelbarrows of subsoil. I'm going to put flagstone or slate rocks down and then in between them plant creeping thyme. I think that will look beautiful. yes, i'll post pics once it's all done (and the computer gets fixed)

Took the compost out; it's doing beautifully - everything I added about a week ago has virtually disappeared, which is always nice to see. It's definitely heating up nicely in between. Our 11 remaining chickens are doing very well. ds replenished their feed and water. He's been a good caretaker for them. The kids and I washed the car (they *love* washing the car - shhhhh don't tell them they shouldn't enjoy it! LOL). I got sunburned on the shoulders and back of my neck (first day in a tank top - shoulda known better). Not too badly. About a 4 out of 10. ds rode his bike around lots again today and then got interested in geocaching. We've had a GPS for a couple years but have never used it - at all. So he got it out and read the instruction booklet and tonight we searched geocaching.com for some nearby caches. My half-brother has more than 1,500 caches under his belt. We're definite newbies to geocaching. But ds seems to have been bitten by the bug!

Took the kids and one of their friends to Aikido class in town tonight. First time at the real dojo (not the local rec ctr). Very formal but they had oodles of fun.

Today's intake:
2.5L green smoothie
3L water
a couple pounds of strawberries - 2? 3? something like that - maybe even 4.
a Raw Organic high fibre bar
avocado salad roll
some flax crackers with raw ranch dressing
3 raw coconut macaroons
maybe something else... can't quite remember. still, i feel filled up tonight. (the avocado salad roll & fibre bar were impulse buys at the grocery store. wasn't intending to buy & eat those. still, there's a lot WORSE things I could've impulsively eaten, right?)

now ds has found the chess computer and is playing against the computer. he was quite into chess a couple years ago but hasn't played in quite a while.

namaste
~n~

No comments: