17 June 2009

Wednesday's words...

I've been out in the sun mixing up a little cob today. i'm also working on building a small front railing for our front deck that i built 2 yrs ago... it's coming along... (later update: i should clarify the front deck railing is not out of cob; it's wood. and it's not finished. i forgot to pick up the nails. kind of important, so i didn't get much done on it today. LOL)

yesterday i had 1.75L of green smoothie, and 3 small raw pizzas (flax crusts) with ranch dressing (cashew based), a little guacamole and a few olives on them (I chuckled at the amount of fats (albeit healthy ones) in that meal). and 3L of water. i was actually a little surprised by how little i ate. most days i eat considerably more. :D like today, I had a bowl of almond milk-chia pudding, some flax crackers with guacamole and salsa, 1.3L of green smoothie, a little coleslaw, 1 pint of strawberries, a coconut macaroon (yes, raw), a mug of mint-rose tea, some salmonberries from around the yard, and yes, 1.5 oz of denman island espresso chocolate (vegan, but not raw). an indulgement (is that a word?!) as i'm experiencing pms this month (i don't usually, but when you have a day where you feel possessed by the raging hormones, it's really okay to just go for the chocolate. LMAO)... ROTFL was that TMI?! ;) i've been making sure to add maca powder to the smoothies lately (it's reputedly a hormonal balancer)... the last few days, anyways.

I've had a couple ideas for e-books lately so I'm going to start working on those.... just as soon as my outside to-do-list is accomplished (LMAO, will it ever be? realistically?!). And I have a couple other things I'd like to write... articles and such. Just need to get the computer fixed first!!!

Spending time outside working each day the past couple weeks has been soooooooo wonderful. the sunshine, the fresh air, getting things on my list of ongoing projects accomplished (or at least worked on).... such a sense of purpose and accomplishment each day! gardening, the cob oven, painting parts of the house, building the deck railing (and i'll get to the path soon)... these things have been intentions and now they're becoming reality, and that's terribly exciting. i admit i really don't generally have an appreciation for how much ENERGY goes into projects. if you invite me over to admire your new gazebo, i kinda glaze over and nod and say, ya, that's great... without a REAL appreciation for how much time, effort, energy you put into it. working on projects... for example, planting 200 lbs of potato seed, and being responsible for watering, weeding, harvesting eventually.... suddenly i have SUCH an appreciation for how much time, effort, energy goes into so many things in my life... from the food i eat to the water flowing easily from the tap, to the car running smoothly to the walls of our treasured home. I am beginning.... just beginning.... to realize, to appreciate so many of these things in my life. Things I previously took for granted. It's a wonderful space to be in.

hey char - the kids took the drawers out of your old bed and are both inside the frame of the bed (yes at 11:00 at night, LOL). i simply mentioned how i used to do that occasionally as a kid and suddenly they needed to try it out. too funny.

cheers
~n~

No comments: