25 May 2009

WE GOT DIRT!!

Recently there have been many dump trucks going by each day, moving soil from a nearby lot out of the neighbourhood. I went down and talked to the excavator operator and asked if it'd be possible to get some dropped off (being as they're going by anyhow). I got more than 120 yards today!!!! that's a crazy amount. 12 full-size dump trucks. and one load of clay (for my cob oven I'm hoping to build this summer). I had to move the swingset to make room (my forearms are quite bruised as a result) and a whole lot of materials and other stuff that was piled all over the place. It's awesome though. I'm hoping we'll be able to get a Bobcat in to move the dirt all around and level it out now. Things are happenin', people, things are happenin'!!!

I also stained the front cedar deck yesterday and painted the shed door. Both look great!

ds went to a day camp for homeschoolers today - they did archery, rappelling, climbing tower, ropes challenge course and some team building exercises. Sounds like it was a total blast. Love it when he comes home bubbling with excitement!!

Well, our computer is still on the fritz and i'm on the library computer and only have a few minutes left to complete all the computer errands. Hoping you are having a wonderful day.

Blessings to you,
~n~

No comments: