Ahhhhh... Pretty blissed out today. I've been reading Mihalyi Csizkentmihalyi (it's spelled something close to that) - his book called "Flow"... HIGHLY recommend it. Also reading a book called Busy Bodies concurrently and the two of them together are really intellectually challenging me to examine life, in a good way. :) My brain thrives on that kind of intellectual stimulation. So I'm diggin' em both.
I had the most delicious, beautiful raw greek salad for dinner (thanks to Sherri for the recipe). I took a picture but have no way of uploading it at the moment with the computer being kaput. It really was made with such loving intention. On a bed of salad greens was the greek salad (sweet onion, yellow & orange bell pepper, cucumber, tomato, a few raw sliced olives, and evoo, balsamic vinegar, italian spices incl fresh basil), topped with a few walnuts. Yummers.
And I had a really satisfying liter of green smoothie earlier in the day (no that's not all I had today - just the salad & smoothie; other food was consumed, LOL)... The smoothie was mystery greens from the local farm (LOL - I'm sure if I looked at the box list for this week I could find out what it was), a banana, frozen blueberries & raspberries, 4 khadrawi dates & some almond milk and some water (2:1 water:milk). I have been LOVING some nut milk in my smoothie lately.
I am so grateful to have dh home. We've been having really pleasant, connected conversations. *bliss*
I had a great swim today with the kids. Everything flowed so well today.
And I had a great row as well. I'm a mere 15 kms from my goal of 100 kms for the month, so right on target, despite taking more days off rowing earlier in the month than I had intended to.
I have come across some materials for the base of my cob oven I'm building this summer, which is fantastic. Free is always good. :)
I am grateful for Reiki's healing light as I heal all these bruises on my body - my forearms, biceps & thighs are all bruised after moving the kids' swingset earlier this week. I look live I've been in a nasty confrontation, yet nothing could be further from the truth. LOL
I am filled with gratitude for the beautiful sunshine we've enjoyed today. Just beautiful. Yay for sunshine!!
I am enjoying listening in on dd playing in her imaginary world with her dollies. Soooooo cute. Love this age!
Also enjoying listening to dad & ds play Pokemon together. It's a bonding game for them.
And I'm grateful I have a few uninterrupted minutes here to just be on the computer. :)
The kids & I saw 3 black bears on our way into swimming today! Although we definitely live in bear country, we don't often see them... and certainly not in the middle of the day!! We saw a mama and cub crossing the road about 8 kms from our house, and then we saw a big (probably male) bear crossing the road about 17 kms from our house... about 3 kms from town. So we saw these 3 bears within 15 minutes of each other. Pretty special.
No comments:
Post a Comment