22 April 2009

HAPPY EARTH DAY!!


Today, April 22nd, is Earth Day. Three years ago today, I went vegan overnight from a standard American diet. Amazing to see how far I've come in the past three years. What changes will the next (three) year(s) bring?! I can only imagine!!! ;)

So how will we be celebrating Earth Day this year? Well, I'll be eating a raw vegan diet today (as I do most every day these days) - enjoying the Earth's bounty and abundance in its most natural form. Maybe I'll make a raw cake or pie and decorate it with a picture of the Earth!! The children will be planting seeds in their children's garden. Usually we plant a tree or shrub in honour of Earth Day; this year there are strawberry plants and a Ranuncula waiting to be planted, along with many seeds (peas, lettuce...) Lots of fun. We'll be spending time with our chicks; they're doing very well these days - growing every day! We won't be going car-free today, although we certainly do have car-free days as often as possible. It's just that we live 22 kms out of town, and that's just a little too far to expect a 5 year old to ride on her bike!!

Wishing you the happiest Earth Day you've celebrated yet...
~n~

No comments: