Not only did I enjoy the food, the company was inspiring. I met people of all ages, enjoying their raw food lifestyles. Willing to share and communicate openly with me, a complete stranger to them. I found other families eating raw, and just generally connected with so many people who are all on the same place of the diet spectrum path... that was really amazing. I hadn't realized how lonely you can be if you're the only raw vegan in your circle.... as I am. I found out there's another couple in our town who are raw vegans, but haven't met them yet. It was just so wonderful to spend several hours kickin' it back with other raw foodies. :)
And then, (as if this wasn't enough!) David Rainoshek from www.juicefeasting.com presented a talk for 2 hours based on his recent work. What an AMAZING human being he is!!! I had never heard David speak before; I was captivated by his presentation. Seriously. It made me think at a cognitive level which I don't often challenge myself to go to... I liken it to the level of thinking required at graduate school, or while reading research papers... that level of higher-brain thinking. I *LOVE* getting into that space. I often feel I have nothing to add to a conversation at that level (there's that negative inner self-talk, eh), but I *love* those conversations of a higher level... more than just "how's your day" and "what are you making for dinner"... Anyways, the conversation was so stimulating, but afterwards, I was so EXHAUSTED from the mental stimulation!!! LMAO I'm so not used to using my brain like that anymore. LOL It's out of shape. btw, the conversation covered such topics as absolutism and relativism, integral life practises and the spectrum of diets and nutrition... how we look at the world and how we can make sense of the many diets out there and all the nutritional research in a clear, very clear way. Anyways, I won't say anymore than that, but it was SUCH an inspiring evening. And in the company of fellow raw foodies, too! I was beaming with joy!!!
Well, have a fantastic evening. I've rowed today, the kids & I went for a bike ride, I have something like a dozen books on hold at the library. I planted the cedar hedging we picked up a couple weeks ago and picked up pinecones with dd. Tomorrow is tai chi class and aikido for ds, and organic CSA pick-up at the farm. Wahoo!!
No comments:
Post a Comment