Another early morning. I managed to get a batch of spelt bread started (4 loaves) and then rowed my 5 kms. I blended up 4 oranges and a banana with some water for a 750 mL smoothie for breakfast and have had 1.5 L of water so far.
Yesterday continued to be an excellent day... I went to the healthfood/grocery store in town where there are abundant organic greens - our local grocery stores out here are seriously lacking in greens period. So when I *am* in the big city, I stock up: kale, chard, spinach, lettuces, parsley... I wanted collards, too, but they didn't have any. Still, it's amazing how much more food it seems like you get for $25 when it's dark leafy greens, as opposed to other types of veggies, even.... or processed food. or junk food. LOL, don't get me started.
I have sprouts growing right now - 2 baskets of alfalfa (various stages) and a basket of sunflower sprouts as well as a basket of wheatgrass. I grow them in wicker baskets that I sterilize before using. I think it was a Steve Meyerowitz book on sprouting that got me onto that idea. The baskets work really well. It's just a matter of rinsing (with an aerator faucet - cheap and easy to install)... rinse each basket for 1 minute morning and night (they will drain themselves)... and finding enough room on the windowsill for the baskets (that's why I'd like to have a planter-window above the kitchen sink in my next home, LOL)...
I am retraining myself to make smaller smoothies. Because the VitaMix has a 2L capacity, I tend to fill it right up, making 2L of smoothie at a time... and I'm trying to reason with myself that it's simply too much for one person. :) Sometimes I'll have 1L myself and split the other L between the kids, but even 500mL for a child is too much. So I'm learning to hold back on how much I make at once - I've got it down to 750 mL the last few times. :)
Yesterday I had:
- 4L of pure water with lemon
- a bowl of muesli with a banana sliced and 1c of sesame milk (breakfast)
- an apple (lunch)
- a large grapefruit (lunch)
- 1/2c raw nut & dried fruit mix (lunch)
- 1 oz clarity chocolate with blue-green algae and goji berries (afternoon snack)
- 1/4 of a jicama spiralized into noodles and 1 tbsp of raw pesto (yummers) with 1/4 of a red pepper diced up on top. (dinner)
- a few cherry tomatoes (dinner)
- 750 mL of smoothie: 1 banana, 1/2 c each frozen blueberries & raspberries, 4 large leaves of green leaf lettuce, 1/2 tbsp of spirulina powder, 1/4 tsp camu camu powder, 1 tsp goji powder, 1 tbsp maca powder and enough water to blend. (just after dinner)
- a mug of lavender-lemon herbal tea (locally grown) with stevia - (evening)
Have a fantastic day! The sun is shining so fantastically and the forest looks amazing, as the tall fir and pine and cedar and alder trees all bask in the brilliance of the sun. They're calling me outdoors. Must go...
No comments:
Post a Comment