05 February 2009

Thursday...

It's quiet around here. The kids are still asleep, I've finished 5 kms of rowing (and just entered it in the logbook: 6,500,000 metres to-date!! No kidding! That's 6500 kms). It's overcast outside and really, apart from the sound of the typing of the keys, the only sound I can hear is the computer humming and (faintly) our neighbour's rooster (which another neighbour HATES. LOL) The past 3 days I've managed to row early in the mornings before the kids are up and it is so nice to have that time. The plan is to row 5 kms a day on weekdays each month - so 100 kms a month. Very manageable... so long as I don't take an unexpected week off here or there. :)

Yesterday was a joyful day. (You know, I'm secretly a little surprised at how good life is... despite any minor grumblings I might share, life is, overall, really REALLY good. I have to laugh at myself that I'd expect it to be anything but. And it's so good that that becomes the standard, and then you sort of adjust to this high standard of happiness and joyfulness and then you might find yourself laughing less or enjoying it less, even though it's really fantastically good. (Does that make sense?!) I have to attribute it to the raw food & exercise - studies have shown that exercise makes us feel better, we handle stress better... (so get out there & exercise already), and a daily sweat helps our bodies release toxins (btw, I was swimming yesterday and this morning as I'm sweating while rowing my skin/sweat actually smells like... pool/chlorine-y type smell. TOXINS. why on earth am i swimming in the stuff - immersing my entire body in it? yuck.) And raw food has such a high energetic vibration... and maybe if you're not raw you won't understand that, but the foods' enzymes are all still alive and intact.

Recently after eating a raw dessert, dh said it tasted really "fresh". Well, yes. His usual response to raw food is "gritty". LOL But I do know what he means by fresh. When I first went raw I couldn't quite get over how fresh everything tasted. Like, broccoli actually tastes like... broccoli. It can be a bit of a work of art with raw food to balance the flavours. When you cook foods, the flavours get blended together (and change taste, too, imo)...

Yesterday I had:
- 3L of filtered water with lemon
- 750 mL of fruit smoothie (4 oranges & a banana - breakfast time)
- 675 mL of green smoothie (dinner-time) - lettuce, spirulina, banana, blackberry, sesame milk...
- a plate of veggies: sweet pepper slices, cucumber slices, alfalfa sprouts, cabbage leaves, marinated beets, sunflower seed pate, celery and carrot sticks, and a piece of olive jerky :)
- an apple, a grapefruit... and maybe something else... but one of the children are up. I knew I didn't have much time. LOL
Have a good one. :)
~n~

No comments: