13 February 2009

Lovin' the Aquarian Groove...

Alright, so 3 out of 4 people in this house are Aquarians. And wouldn't you know it but Jupiter is in Aquarius this year, which apparently, astrologically speaking, only happens once every 12 years.... the last time this happened was in 1997 (note to self: the year we married, the year I graduated from university, the year I got a job). Basically, all the horoscopes for Aquarius for 2009 say similar things: "This is YOUR year. Dream big." Only a lot more eloquently than that. lmao Can I just say how much I'm LOVIN' it already?! A huge WAHOOOOO for the astrological line-up this year! fanTAStic! Oh, and those who know me know I always dream big. I'm the dreamiest Aquarian of 'em all. LOL well-designed passive solar cob houses, composting toilets, going off-grid, permaculture, rainwater harvesting, self-sufficiency growing my own food with a raw vegan diet, alternative transportation, raising children with a philosophy of respect and loving guidance, homeschooling/lifelong learning, a supportive community with like-minded people... it's all me, baby, it's all me. ;) sure, us Aquarians are 50 yrs ahead of our times. it's a bear, let me tell you. no one EVER understands why i'm so passionate about things that are just so.... (well, i call them alternative, but others just call me eccentric & wacky). lmao it's all good. you'll all understand where i'm comin' from soon enough... if you haven't already figured it out. ;)

I've got a bit of a cold. Not much. The night before last, I didn't sleep so well - sinuses were plugged, woke up with swollen glands, that kinda thing. Well, I lay there and gave myself Reiki for at least half an hour before getting up. The Reiki alone opened my sinuses and I was able to breathe. I was so grateful! I got up, had a cup of hot water with freshly grated ginger and lemon peel and that soothed my throat/glands. I took it easy on myself yesterday, although I did row 5 kms and made bread. I had a smoothie with about 2 oz of fresh wheatgrass in it (it was REALLY yummy) late in the afternoon; I'm sure the wheatgrass must've boosted my immune system up a notch. I went to tai chi class last night (was sort of waffling on it, thinking I ought to go to bed early instead), but boy, was I glad I went! 90 minutes of tai chi gave the cold a real kick in the pants. It was great. The cold started to come back an hour or so later, but by then I went to sleep (and I always sleep super well after tai chi class - able to wake up easily if I am needed by those I love, but also easily fall back asleep after) and had a fantastic sleep and woke up feeling so much better than 24 hrs earlier. The cold is still here... ever so slightly, but lots of water is flushing it out. (Knock on wood) Our family is really super-healthy, all-round. We don't often get colds and when we do, they don't last long. Only rarely do we actually get the flu. I listen to other parents share their woes of vomit and tears and I am so grateful all of us are so robust and healthy.

I've got to make a small cake and soup for tomorrow (dd's actual birthday), as we are having a luncheon in her honour, and clean the house (sounds like an exciting Friday night, eh? lol). An early Happy Valentine's to you all, may you be blessed with loving-kindness and gratitude.

namaste'
~n~

No comments: