Darwin's 200th birthday today, eh? I think about people like Darwin, Einstein... anyone throughout the ages who has made a large impact on the lives of so many millions of others, even after they have left their physical bodies... Beethoven, Mozart, Mother Theresa, Ghandi... too many to mention. Think about those people and doesn't it make you wonder, just in what way where they any different than you? I don't believe they were any different than you or I. The universe is waiting right now for you to unleash your self. You (and I)... are we holding ourselves back, not giving ourselves over fully to the wonderment and joy that is available to us in every moment? When we "socialize" our children, are we possibly restricting their inherent genius, their true creative spark and calling in life? Do you do things that are socially acceptable when you know it's not what is in your heart? Are you feeling supported by the universe - knowing that you ARE in the right place at the right time, no matter what things might happen to you to make you think otherwise? I like to, when lying on the bed, imagine that the mattress is just an extension of the support of the universe. I really sink into it, lying still, feeling my entire body supported by this mattress, which I imagine as the palm of the universe's hand. I breathe, and I imagine Mother Earth, and the universe as a whole, expanding and contracting in symmetry with my breath. When I lie there and breathe, I am connected to
all that is. It helps me realize there are bigger things out there than just me, and helps me realize that I am not alone, not just a cog in a wheel. I'm here and I'm pretty darn special... in my own way. ;) We each have a gift that is ours and ours alone to share and the universe/God/Goddess/Spirit, whatever you wish to call it, is just waiting supportively by, for you and I to find our voice, to find the strength and courage to speak up and find that gift which is ours alone within us, and to begin sharing it with others. I'm not going to pretend I fully understand what my gift is yet. No clue, really. But here I am, sharing myself nonetheless. Because you never know when I might be onto something. LOL
Happy 200th birthday, Darwin. In this moment I am grateful you shared of yourself so many years ago. :)
And now for something completely different (thank-you, Monty Python):
Why not start the day with some raw museli (Jennifer Cornbleet's book) with a banana sliced and some raw sesame milk on it:
Marinated Kale ("Mediterranean Kale" I think Jennifer calls it): DEEEEElicious. Now I can second Aleesha about how absolutely wonderful marinated kale is. One day I ate half a bunch of kale like this in one meal. The next day I ate an entire bunch of kale throughout the day!

Mushroom caps stuffed with sundried tomato sunflower herb pate, and a very simple cucumber/tomato salad with oil & vinegar & a little salt & basil:
Still eating a rather large meal, even though it's completely raw. Doesn't it look both colourful and delicious? A handful of home-grown alfalfa sprouts, sliced carrot, cucumber, avocado, jerusalem artichoke, a few cherry tomatoes, a serving of "parsnip rice" with a few dried olives on top, and a serving of sundried tomato sunflower/pumpkin pate (from Raw Food made easy):
And for dessert, why not indulge in a little chocolate cake with raspberry coulis? This is an adaptation of the walnut-raisin cake recipe & the flourless chocolate cake recipe from Raw Food Made Easy, with the Raspberry Sauce recipe. mmmmmmm..... soooooooo yummy.
1 comment:
Amen to the first part of the blog.....
..and Yumm to the last part.
Thank you for putting pictures up of your meals..I am so visual, and it is totally inspiring!
Post a Comment