11 January 2009

Raw "Cook"books...

Wondering what others fave raw "cook"books are (mine are in bold here)... I just got Matthew Kenney's Everyday Raw out from the library and after perusing it, it seems to me that many of the recipes require t.i.m.e. and it looks like often there are quite a few steps in preparation. And in this regard I admit to favouring Jennifer Cornbleet's book, Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 people, as you will easily see, reading the blog. Portions are the right size when I'm mostly making raw food for myself, or the children as well, and recipes are SIMPLE. Very simple. Common ingredients, easy preparation. A perfect match. I also have an Uncook Book by RawRose which was my very first raw 'cook'book and I do like many of the recipes in there, as well as a cracker book by Abeba, I think (LOVE the almond/brazil nut/red pepper crackers), and one of the Boutenko family books which has some of their recipes in it (the book that tells the family's story of their transition to raw foods) - love the burger & raw fries & raw ketchup! Other faves I've had out of the library are Fresh by Sergei & Valya Boutenko, and Ani's Raw Food Kitchen by Ani Phyo.

So today I ask: what is your favourite raw 'cook'book?

1 comment:

Beauty of Expression said...

Well I don't have any favorite Recipe books yet..cause I am a newby....BUT...now I am obsessivly searching the web for different recipes to try.... =)