I've been logging my food intake the past couple days (something I should do far more often, I know). The one thing I haven't been keeping track of is the water, but I know just being conscious of it has made me drink more. I'll give you an idea of what I ate today so far, for example:
a bowl of muesli (1/2c oats, 1/2 tbsp almonds, 1/2 tbsp walnuts, 2 tsp sunflower seeds, 2 tbsp raisins and 2 tsp sucanut) with almond mylk - added 1 tbsp buckwheat crispies and 1 tbsp goji berries to it, and a sprinkling of cinnamon - recipe from J. Cornbleet, of course
the most delicious organic local Ambrosia apple I've ever tasted, mmmmm
1/2 an orange
a banana
a bowl of zucchini 'noodles' (1 small/med zucchini spiralized) with 1/2c mock peanut sauce (call it Thai Noodles) - recipes are once again in Jennifer Cornbleet's book.
2 medjool dates
1/6th of a 5" flourless chocolate cake with about 1/2c raspberry sauce (recipes in... you guessed it, Jennifer Cornbleet's book, LOL - what would I do without that book!). yummy.
water - I'd guess I've had about close to 1.5L so far.
One thing you'll notice is the lack (so far) of dark leafy greens. I'm having a hard time with this lately. We are heading out to family's for pizza tonight (ask me why I'm going to force myself to come face-to-face with the devilish temptation that cooked pizza is for me. good GRIEF) - I'm hoping to whip together a green smoothie before I head out and then take an extra-large green salad with me to share. And yes, this WILL be a delicious and healthy alternative to pizza, and I will love honouring my body through eating it. :) (I can just hear family around me saying, "Just keep tellin' yourself that." as they scarffle - yes that's a real word - as they scarffle down another piece of pine, pep, mush) LMAO I feel like a recovering alcoholic attending a function where alcohol is the primary focus of the occasion.
And I've exercised (rowed 5 kms) already today - that's 20 kms so far this week. I feel much better and really do think the icky, heavy feeling the other night may have been from the high fruit intake later in the day. 2L of smoothie IS a lot to consume in one sitting, as delicious as it is. :)
p.s. the flood waters have receded completely and things are 'normal' around here, for the time being. there is another storm brewing, apparently, so the local emergency coordinators are gearing up for a busy weekend with their sandbags. :) lots o' fun. the road is passable into town with the shoulders washed away in some places and some major reconstructive work to be done, but all in all, it's quite alright. the 10' deep washout on the neighbour's road is still there, isolating 3 homes, but the road crews are working on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment