Even though I had a good sleep last night and am pretty energized, something about today is kinda, well... blah. Probably just the routine-y-ness (no, I don't think that's a proper word) of the day is a little mundane, ya know. Since at our true essence or core we are all radiant beings it seems like I ought to be doing something more exciting than just washing the dishes or folding laundry. It's like I'm raring to go, only I have no where to be just yet... only here, in this moment! Which is probably just where I'm meant to be, right - to get past the mundane-y-ness (there I go again making up words) of Monday, all I probably need to do is be fully present in this moment... bring my shining energy into the moment and infuse the dish-washing with some radiance... and really SEE each dish being washed and connect with the whole experience. (It's like Thich Naht Hanh is in my head redirecting my thoughts to greater happiness, LOL). The grey skies of January often take their toll on our psyches. We're feeling funky, and not in a get-up-and-dance kinda way, more like a 'in a funk'. Staying positive can be challenging, but is vital to our overall health. Sometimes it can feel like we're just plodding along, going through the motions of making good food choices and daily exercise, but this is what life is made of - little moments all connected together. If, in this moment, I can make a choice that I *know* is the right one, then it'll all come together later, right? :)
Speaking of making good choices, I feel great about the food choices I've made so-far today:
a bowl of green grapes for breaky (probably 2c or maybe even 3)
a green salad with chopped apple and avocado on it mid-morning
a banana for a snack
lots of water with fresh lemon juice (I confess I've been using bottled organic lemon juice for quite a while now; we'd got a case from the food co-op and although it's pasteurized, it's convenient to just pour a snitch into your water without having to juice fresh lemons on the citrus reamer thing, but today I'm using fresh lemons)
and 3 spring rolls with mock peanut sauce (from the Raw Food Made Easy book) - I used savoy cabbage leaves for the wrap, filled them with mung bean sprouts, orange pepper, carrot, cucumber, cilantro (mmmm yummy) and the peanut sauce). Very filling (I probably coulda stopped at 2), but a nice lunch
2 medjool dates and maybe 6 soaked almonds
I made some marinated veggies in lemon herb dressing for later or another day and also more almond mylk, although I'm nearly out of almonds. The next month or so might be tight for the budget so I guess I'll have to acquire a taste for sesame mylk since I have lots of sesame seeds (probably 4 lbs). I have a growing list of raw food items I've run out of that I'd like to replenish as soon as I can. If you're looking for affordable raw food items, try real raw foods in Naramata, BC. Excellent service and great quality food. Or if you're in the capital city, head to Cafe Bliss on Pandora which also has a selection of items available.
OH! And before I go, I want to say what a fantastic, awesome, thoughtful, caring partner I have! (No brown-nosing; he doesn't read my blog, LOL) He, on his own volition, went to Gorilla Foods downtown after work on Friday and picked up a piece of pesto pizza and a couple wraps with this delicious chutney-type sauce and brought them home for later (we're talking a 6 hr commute home)!!! I was so TOTALLY surprised. It was wonderful and the food was deeeeeeelicious! :)
I'm going to stop procrastinating now and go and exercise. Must..... go..... exercise.... (I really don't want to. Totally forcing this one, even though once I'm going I'll be right into it. LOL) We humans are really funny creatures. :)
Evening Update: Had 2 bowls of salad for dinner (basically the salad greens with 1/2 avocado, some cherry tomatoes and a carrot sliced up) and then a bowl of muesli and almond mylk for dessert. Yes, I did get my rowing done - 6 kms - which felt great. Really, it was a pretty fantastic day overall.
No comments:
Post a Comment