No, no, I'm not a doomsdayer (though you might think so by the post's title, LOL). I'm just here, doing my oh-so-happy dance... this morning I ate 6 soaked prunes and drank the soaking water. mmmmmm prunes have never tasted so good. I still need to get on with making some juices for today so I only have but a moment online here, but the juicefeast is officially over, on Day 45. I have a had a wonderful experience feasting, but am really feeling ready to return to (raw) food (although I have really enjoyed watching my body and mind transform the past 45 days).
Today was so cute; the kids woke up early and dashed downstairs to their advent calendars (one has Playmobil, the other has the Lego advent calendar). Afterwards, we made a cutout snowflake and put it on the window to count down to Solstice (which is really what I look forward to most in December) and they also put up and decorated their little 2' tree upstairs in their room. MOST exciting for them.
Tonight we will be writing Letters to Santa. Basically, everyone writes a letter (at the agreed-upon time) about what they might like to receive this year, then someone reads them aloud (so that the other adults can take notes, if you catch my drift) and afterwards, they are tossed into the lit fireplace while everyone chants:
North wind, North wind,
Blow with all your might,
And take this letter
to Santa Claus tonight!
It is officially done on Dec 1st each year, thereby enabling a few weeks for gift-making to occur.
Often the 'tree hunt' is done on the same day, but I think this year we're doing it next Sunday (daylight takes priority). Having 12 acres of forested property, and only harvesting 2 trees annually, we are taking much less than the overall annual growth rate on the property. This year, though I think I might splurge and get a live tree (they're about $100 around here) so that we can plant it in our yard afterwards (I should say that we are on an acre, not 12; it's the extended family who have 12).
Reading Thich Naht Hanh's Peace is Every Step. If you haven't ever read it, it's wonderful. You don't have to be Buddhist or into meditation or any of it to 'get it'. It's in really really easy-to-read little chaplets (that's my invented word for a little chapter). It'd be a perfect book to have beside the toilet or the bed. Pick up a copy from your library. It just might change your outlook on life... on how you go about your day. It's not my first time reading it, and every time I read it I am reminded of what really matters in life. Thank you and Blessings, Thay.
In Light and Love,
~n~
p.s. if anyone's counting, we're down to 19 sleeps 'til dh returns.
No comments:
Post a Comment