Re-read Ms Stokes' A Juice-Feaster's Handbook this morning, and wrote out a general timetable to follow each day for the recommended supplements: White Oak Bark, Ginger, Triphlax, Probiotics, Chanca Piedra... Also began the day with 8 oz of soaked prunes and the accompanying water. Rowed, drybrushed, hot/cold shower (just on the extremities... I can't IMAGINE covering my torso in ice-cold water.... BRRRRRR), and another 8 oz of soaked prunes (That's 2 cups by noon. For the average person on the SAD, you can surely imagine what kind of effect 2 cups of prunes would have; oddly enough, it was very VERY gentle on my body... THANKFULLY. LOL). Anyways, had about 4L of juices between noon and 7 tonight, and a small green salad (about 1 c of greens) with a small amount (1/2 c?) of 'spanish breakfast scramble' pate which I got off youtube (Ani Phyo recipe - YUMMERS). I was pretty pleased with my feast-breaking today. No gorging on pizza, no drinking a case of beer (not that I would anyways, hee hee)... but still, the URGE to OVEREAT is HUGE. It's a struggle, for sure (for me, anyways). You don't want to feel like a kid in a candy store and just allow yourself to eat whatever, whenever. There's got to be continuity from the feast - a MINDFULNESS brought into your daily living, especially in regards to your relationship with SOLID food. It can be challenging, when 3 yrs ago, I really did give myself free reign in regards to food. Now I remind myself how much I HONOUR and RESPECT my body and self - too much in this moment to just inhale an entire cheesecake or a burger and fries or whatever. What I eat becomes ME. Do I want to become "as fat as a cheeseburger" (as one young lad once said to me, sadly)? No, no I don't want to go there. On the one hand, the introspection of mindfulness seems selfish or at least time-consuming at times, but on the other hand, it's critical to how I'm choosing to move forward in my life.
Time for anyone under 10 in the house to go to bed. But just before I do that, I want to say how GRATEFUL I am to have spent a LOVELY half-hour outside in the late-autumn sun today at the playground, just sitting in the sunshine while the children let off so much energy in a playful, happy, spirited manner. It was pure bliss and I enjoyed every second at the park.
Also really enjoyed checkin' in with the gang down at Cafe Bliss, post-feast. (www.cafebliss.ca) They have been so completely supportive of my juice-feast, even though they hardly know me at all... their support has been really key to my success the past 45 days. Just knowing that when I was out and about I could go somewhere and get fresh, raw, vegan, organic juices to sustain me has been phenomenal. Massive thanks to everyone who works down there! :)
post-feast pics will be up soon, with any luck.
Namaste
~n~
No comments:
Post a Comment