Things are still going well. Breaking the feast gently and with resolve... getting soaked prunes in each day, I've added soft fruits (berries) and now small salads as well, and am gradually decreasing the amount of juices each day. Going very well and it really feels odd eating sometimes. But it's all good. (no digestive upsets at all) and I'm taking the recommended supplements which is going very well, too.
Woke up at 5 this morning, overwhelmed and filled with anxiety, as the neighbourhood christmas party is in 9 days, and apparently I'm the only person volunteering to organize it (okay, well, Santa's coming, so that makes 2 of us who are committed to it). Started making a to-do list in the darkness before dawn and now I've got the posters made to put up on the notice boards and will get that done very shortly. Next week I'll make buns and soup (day before) and mulled apple juice and pick up some mandarin oranges, candy canes and eggnog and make a large veggie tray and pick up some desserts (unless by the grace of the Goddess I find time to make some) and that will be the food done. Going to also make a couple dozen gingerbread people for the kids to decorate (and eat) and will have assorted crafts for the small people to do as well (which I'll need to prepare and have tables set up with instructions before the party starts). Need to pick up some small gifties for Santa to hand out to the children and have those wrapped beforehand and also remember to bring some festive music along. If I can find an 11-14 yr old willing to play Elf, we have the costume already, and that would be a huge help. Maybe someone to do holiday face painting would be great. And in past years, volunteers have made phone calls to individual families inviting them along, which has greatly increased turnout, so hopefully I find someone to help with that or I find time to do it myself.
(I had a huge rant here, wondering how I am supposed to single-handedly get all my responsibilities that I've taken on organized, only to re-read it and realize not even *I* wanted to read about self-inflicted misery or to watch myself slowly burn out. So in the interest of positive intentions/thoughts, I've deleted it all.)
The job interview for the marriage commissioner job was yesterday and (I thought) went very very well. We'll find out in 1-2 wks exactly how it went. In the midst of trying to arrange Reiki treatments for friends/family who want an hour of relaxation this month, but so far, despite having more than 12 people initially express interest, I've only had 1 confirm, even though I have made 8 hours available this month (having arranged childcare), so hopefully those hours will fill up as I really would like to give the gift of Reiki to those friends and family!
1 comment:
So did you get the marriage commisioner thingy? What's the latest?
Post a Comment