07 December 2008

Day 7, Post-Feast

Wow, well, I don't know at what point you consider 'post-feast' over, but I feel like I have, with moderately high success broken the feast well. There have, of course, been some slip ups (like being over at friends' and having only a plate of nacho chips and salsa in front of me at a moment when I should have had a litre of juice in my hands... let's just say too many of those chips entered my mouth before I stopped myself from REALLY bingeing. It was pretty humbling to realize that even now food addiction issues are, well, addictions and as such are never too far from the surface. Made me realize that MINDFULNESS always seems to be the key to success.) Anyways, on the whole, I feel like I've done very well - taking the recommended supplements daily and have added food in gradually for the most part - soaked prunes the first couple days, added to that soft fruits the next couple days, then added in some veggies and now I feel like I'm nearly completely back to solid food, although I am still aiming to incorporate 1L of green juice in daily, including in that E3Live, of course. Still exercising near-daily which is great, both cardio (rowing) and strength/resistance training (Tai Chi). And I gave my first two Reiki sessions yesterday and both went very well! I was so happy and felt great afterwards; hopefully both of them did as well.

WHAT'S ON MY BOOKSHELF THIS WEEK:
I'm reading The Five Love Languages of Children right now - enjoying that; also reading Eliot Coleman's Four-Season Harvest, another great book. And Thich Naht Hanh's The World We Have. Looking to pick up a copy of Julia and the Nut Mylk Tree for a Christmas present (kids' book) and also a copy of Peaceful Piggy Meditation; might have to go online for that one. Really enjoyed watching the Dervaes' Urban Homesteaders video on YouTube recently; lots of food for thought (punny, aren't I) in there - I've been thinking of it a lot afterwards. One other book I'm going to look for through the library is Lloyd Kahn's Builders of the Pacific. Saw a review in the local paper recently; looked like I might like it.

Going to go make some juice and get my day organized and going.
Peace to you,
~n~

No comments: